FIRST CANDLE FOR LOVE REUNION

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it seems like summer would be best for everyone. Does not matter to me. Next I think we should pick someplace as central as possible as we will be coming from all over the US.

Orlando may also be the most centrally located and could be THE MOST fun and hot in the summer. So how about possibly June 2004? Everyone can search for the best rates for hotels and then we could share this information with the group and we could all try to stay in the same hotel/area at least.

I am sure none of our lovely fiances/wives have ever been to Disney World. So we could schedule a few events everyone can attend and then I am sure people would also more then likely break off into smaller groups.

Also I think you can get some better rates in June. July & August will be to hot for most of us Americans. (translation me)

Just some more suggestions, for the group. So by June of 2004, everyone invlved now should have their loved ones with them in the US.

Of course this will be open to anyone who has ever been on or will be on CFL in the future. We would not want anyone to feel left out. Plus with over a year to plan this we should be able to get a nice group of people together.

If anyone has already been there maybe they can share some thoughts on where to stay. Everyone as well as their children, after all what is Disney with out kids.

REMEMBER NOTHING I HAVE SUGGESTED IS ETCHED IN STONE. THESE ARE JUST SOME SUGGESTIONS. THE FINAL DECISION AND DESTINATION WILL BE DECIDED BY THIS GROUP FROM CFL!!!

WHATEVER IS DECIDED BY THE GROUP, WE WILL JUST PICK THE DATES AND THEN EVERYONE CAN ARRANGE THEIR OWN TRAVEL PLANS!!

Aloha fom Hawaii,

My choice is the 8th Hawaiian Island, Las Vegas. 

Myles aka Annakuen'GG

Of course, I'm with you Myles (because I could go anytime). But really, Bob, how can you say Orlando is centrally located in the U.S.? It is way over on the East coast. Centrally located in the U.S. would probably be somewhere like Denver or maybe even as far East as Kansas City. Another consideration: is it not likely to rain in Florida in the summer? And would it be before hurricane season in Fla?

Disney world would be too hot in June. I was there in late May for a convention one year -- boy, the FL mosquitoes were brutal -- and it was very humid in May already -- feel like Shanghai's summer. All those choices are good: Orlando, Vegas, Hawaii. All depends on what time of the year. We want to enjoy the resorts/attraction, as well as meeting friends on candle, but don't want the weather becomes a problem to enjoy it to the fullest.

Good idea to have a party, Bob. If it happens in summer, Northeast would be a good place; summer: southwest. I don't think a central location is necessary since most people will get a direct flight easily if it is fairly large airport. Someone suggested a cruise -- like that idea too -- more suitable for reunion type since people are not running in 10 directions.

Just think out loud -- don't shoot me. I don't know if I can go to any of those -- I need to consult with "King of the household."

:D :D :D B)

Just a suggestion: Don't loose sight of the (presumed) purpose of this reunion - a way to get together and meet in person the friends we have made as we have gone through this DHS ordeal. Remember that some of us still work for a living, so try not to be too lavish in the financial requirements department.

Charlotte: good point about the humidity. I forgot that some parts of the country are quite humid in summer.

Right Jon, Denver is centrally located. I could get there on a long weekend, and it is beautiful country and nice ride. Everyone remember, some of us work for a living and getting off work for a reunion is easier if closer. I suspect many of our sweethearts may never have been in this country, and if possible to ride to the location they might like to view the countryside.

I think it should be a large city that has a hub for international travelers in case anyone overseas wishes to come as well. This would make it easier for them to come and find cheaper flights.

Just my two Yuan

Phil

Then we're talking L.A., PHX, LAS, DIA, Dallas-Ft. Worth, right? Centrally located and international hubs. But really, I would make every effort to attend no matter where the location. :o Overall considerations, I think I would cast my vote for Denver.

Just my two cents worth, but I would suggest that Denver or Chicago are possibly the two best, reasonably centrally located cities with tolerable summer weather. Denver: Really great scenery just outside of town (Rocky Mtn. Park, Pikes Peak, etc.). Chicago: Always something going on during the summer and generally a nice place to visit.

Kansas City is technically the closest to the center, but the summer weather can be brutal. Also, honestly, there isn't much to see or do there. Really nice people though. Great BBQ

Las Vegas: not central, but usually has cheap airfares from about anywhere in the US. Also, a great party town obviously.

Los Angeles: An international airport and lots of nice weather and lots of interesting things to do nearby.

A cruise is a nice idea, but probably beyond the finances of a number of the group.

Hey forget about Denver -- Jon wants to get out of town with her bride!!!!

Just kidding, Jon.

Rocky National park is very nice --Aspen is a beautiful town. Don't mind going there again. My head of household would love it!!!

:D :rolleyes: :D

By the way, AZwalfman: If they decide on a cruise today, I will start to waitressing in a restaurant this weekend. :lol: :D :P