Husband got green card..

Just want to share the good news with all of you: our AOS interview took place on March 22nd, got there on time and waited for around one hour to be called. The adjudicating officer was a middle aged woman with a good sense of humor. Despite this, she was very thorough in her questioning to us, and even though the interview didn't took too long, she covered many issues with us: how we met, how many times I went to China, if his parents attended our wedding, went through all our wedding album photos , asked for employment verification, 2005 income tax return with W-2's, asked for credit cards, medical insurance cards and even made copies of them herself. Finally, she advised us to go to the SS office to change the status on his SS card, which we did once we left her office. At the end she told Qisheng that she has given him a document which will be the only notice he will get from the USCIS to take action to remove conditions 90 days before the 2 year conditional period. Also said that if he forgets to do this, he will get a free stay at their half star hotel, with free cable and electricity, and a one way ticket to China courtesy of the US government. She asked if we had any other questions, we asked two: "what's the difference between the conditional and permanent status? and "can he travel without receiving the green card? Her answers: the difference is that the 2 year period will give the couple the opportunity to know each other better before the beneficiary gets a more permanent status, as well as to give time to gather and acquire more assets together. Second: he can travel without the card but she suggested that we travel during their normal operating hours in case the authorities need to contact their office. I remember I got a little anxious when it all started, especially for the video recording and the oath, which made it seem like a very formal matter, but at the end I felt very relieved because the officer was very kind and showed a lot of respect to us. The green card arrived 2 weeks later, that is 2 days ago, even before the new SS card. Now we're ready to make that trip to Cancun next June....... :D wahoooooo....

Edited by mari (see edit history)

It really feels great, and it's really much better to go through all these process with our loved one here. Now I realize that the visa experience helped me to develop patience and value even more my relationship. Thanks all for the good wishes.