when sending the I-130, Anything wrong with stapling subsets of documents? For example , the chinese marriage certificate is 4 pages including the translations and notary certification. I had planned on using large binder clips to put the entire package together but was wondering about stapling or paper clipping multiple page documents.

I wouldn't staple anything together. Some people may have but I wouldn't because what they do with the documents is they put them in a two-hole binder that they can just flip through.

Better to use acco clips or paper clips if you have to.

Good luck and don't forget to do the standard two-hole punch at the top of all documents you will be submitting. The USCIS will appreciate it! ( i love saying that!) :lol:

when sending the I-130, Anything wrong with stapling subsets of documents?  For example ,  the chinese marriage certificate is 4 pages including the translations and notary certification.  I had planned on using large binder clips to put the entire package together  but was wondering about stapling or paper clipping multiple page documents.

204330[/snapback]

I found this page very useful when sending in my forms. Hope it helps and good luck!

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scn...nal/index.htm#H

It is pretty bad when we discuss simple things like whether to staple documents or not. Is everybody so scared of the government that we go out of our way to please them when we submit documents. How long does it take to remove a staple anyway........ How do we know they don't prefer this? Have they in any way told us this?

How do we know they don't prefer this? Have they in any way told us this?

204360[/snapback]

General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing

Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

The like to use folders with ACCO fasteners at the top with a two hole punch much like doctors use for hospitals. That way they can flip through it faster and find what they need. I used dividers with tabs on them between the different subjects and put a cover sheet naming the subject at the beginning of each section. This is merely their preference though. There is no rule saying you cant staple them. They will probably take out the staples though and arrange them the way they want.

I figured since I wasn't sure what an acco fastener is, and it cost me almost five hundred bucks just for their end, they could punch their own damn holes.

But then again, look at my time line :D :roller:

Now that I LOOK BACK ON IT, I guess it gave whoever did my case in California, a chance to get up from their desk,,walk over to the acco hole punching station, punch the holes, talk to their buds, refresh their coffee, go to the restroom,take a break, refresh their coffee again, forget what they were doing, talk to some more buds, make a person phone call, refresh their coffee again, go to the restroom again, remember what they were doing, go back to their desk, look at the clock, figure it is close enough to go on and take their 10:AM break, go back to their desk, sharpen the pencil they dropped while on break, put the single page into the acco fastener, then figure it was time to think about personal problems for awhile, then figure out the next page doesn't have the acco fastener holes in the top of it. :lol: Oh yeah, I forgot the smoke breaks :icecream:

How do we know they don't prefer this? Have they in any way told us this?

204360[/snapback]

General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing

Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

204373[/snapback]

Yes, they have have told us, clearly and succintly.

for the rest of the details and, for a look at a section of USCIS requirements you may not have seen: http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scn...nal/index.htm#H

I have never heard of anyone using staples getting denied ? If you have already sent in your package there is not a damn thing you can do about it one way or another. If you are worried about using them and have not sent it in yet use the acco fasterners and such? I would venture to say no one here has sent their application in the same as others have??

Dont sweat the small STuff

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)
It is pretty bad when we discuss simple things like whether to staple documents or not. Is everybody so scared of the government that we go out of our way to please them when we submit documents. How long does it take to remove a staple anyway........ How do we know they don't prefer this? Have they in any way told us this?

204360[/snapback]

"I'm not scared of the government" (Now that my wife is in the USA)...............sorry, I'm scared of anything that might delay getting my wife here because of something simple I did or did not do.

Thanks everyone else for the advice on ACCO and the USCIS website that tells us what they like in the way of fasteners. I think I'll be scared and go with what they suggest.

Edited by hankster (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
TRUTHFULLY...............

I would like to know how many people here think or beleive that by using staples on documents that are more than one page - will (would) indeed slow the process any time at all??????

Scott

204585[/snapback]

Have you spent much time removing staples from paperwork? Yikes. It's enough to make me wanna put it in another pile.... :D

I hate to even get in on this one -  so I won't.

204602[/snapback]

I already got in on and I can't believe it's going on, and on- like the energizer bunny.

What matters is what the government employee on the other thinks, and does, when he finds an application stapled together after the instructions specifically ask you to do it another way.

I agaree with Shaq. I'd probably throw it in my 'get to it later (or never) pile' and at that, look it over real close. What other instructions were not followed?

TRUTHFULLY...............

I would like to know how many people here think or beleive that by using staples on documents that are more than one page - will (would) indeed slow the process any time at all??????

Scott

204585[/snapback]

One quick trip to Office Depot was all it took, and a few extra minutes. I don't see any big deal about it, the package was neat, organized, and things were easy to find. It made me feel more at ease. Why buck the system on such an insignificant issue? My package sailed from NSC to DHL. NOW I am on hold.....

I ain't 'fraid a no gov'mint. I'm afraid of the civil servant with a stick up his, ummm...well, you get the idea. Why tick someone off and get sent to the bottom of the pile?

Edited by Michael and Manyun (see edit history)