ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL)

Has anyone found a good VHS/DVD for learning ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL)? If so could you please let me know. The ESL class I am enrolling my wife in has tapes you can check out, but I am also interested in purchasing if I can find some. Mainly looking for some recommendations from others that have utilized them in training that seem to be helpful.

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)
Has anyone found a good VHS/DVD for learning ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL)? If so could you please let me know.

202182[/snapback]

Don't know about the Big CAl. But here in Missouri the junior colleges have free ESL

Rick

Has anyone found a good VHS/DVD for learning ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL)? If so could you please let me know. The ESL class I am enrolling my wife in has tapes you can check out, but I am also interested in purchasing if I can find some. Mainly looking for some recommendations from others that have utilized them in training that seem to be helpful.

202182[/snapback]

I've been looking for the same thing, but, I'm also looking for books that teach how to pronounce Chinese words phonetically.

202182[/snapback]

When she brings home the books and tapes look at the publishers and look them up.

Rick and Yanlan

202182[/snapback]

My wife has started her ESL class the workbook is called Foundations Activity Workbook by Steven J. Molinsky & Bill Bliss, ISBN 0-13-384645-8, she has started in the lowest level, the teacher tells me my wife speaks fine but needs to concentrate on learning to read and write english. Next week is her spring break I will try to check out the VHS Tape from the library so she can continue to improve.