When should I contact my senator

Contact your US Senator by telephone. Locate their telephone number here:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_info...enators_cfm.cfm

...then, call your local office. Ask to speak with the person that's been delegated to handle immigration. You will be asked to complete a form, of which your signature is required. You can ask them to fax you this form, and then, fax it back.

There is no intimidation or fist pounding required when you work with these delegees. They are there to help you, but you must be proactive, and persistent. Make sure you document all your telephone calls and conversations. Get their names, record the dates and times of day that you've spoken, or left messages. If you call and leave a message, don't wait to be called back. Wait an hour or so and call back again, then, leave another message. They soon will get the idea that you are indeed persistent, level-headed, and serious.

Again, your Senators offices are there to help you. Use them. Speak to them, and get to know them. If you want to walk into their offices, you can, but it's not required.

201196[/snapback]

Thanks a lot for this info... do you know which Senator I should contact in the future? I have two, a Class I and a Class II Senator? I have no idea what the difference is, thanks!! Just trying to be proactive and get all the info I can in advance!

...then, call your local office. Ask to speak with the person that's been delegated to handle immigration. You will be asked to complete a form, of which your signature is required. You can ask them to fax you this form, and then, fax it back.

There is no intimidation or fist pounding required when you work with these delegees. They are there to help you, but you must be proactive, and persistent. Make sure you document all your telephone calls and conversations. Get their names, record the dates and times of day that you've spoken, or left messages. If you call and leave a message, don't wait to be called back. Wait an hour or so and call back again, then, leave another message. They soon will get the idea that you are indeed persistent, level-headed, and serious.

Again, your Senators offices are there to help you. Use them. Speak to them, and get to know them. If you want to walk into their offices, you can, but it's not required.

201196[/snapback]

Thanks a lot for this info... do you know which Senator I should contact in the future? I have two, a Class I and a Class II Senator? I have no idea what the difference is, thanks!! Just trying to be proactive and get all the info I can in advance!

227282[/snapback]

For any state, there are two US Senators. They both equally represent you. Unlike your US Congressman/woman who may have a much smaller district to represent, the two Senators from your state equally represent the entire state. There's no such thing as a Class I or Class II senator. I suspect you're referring to the term Junior and Senoir Senator of any state. The junior Senator is the newer of the two Senators and the Senior has been representing your state longer. In theory, they both have the same power, but generally the Senior Senator has more connection in Washington DC and sits as a ranking member or committee chair on some committee.

You can contact either or both.

201196[/snapback]

227282[/snapback]

For any state, there are two US Senators. They both equally represent you. Unlike your US Congressman/woman who may have a much smaller district to represent, the two Senators from your state equally represent the entire state. There's no such thing as a Class I or Class II senator. I suspect you're referring to the term Junior and Senoir Senator of any state. The junior Senator is the newer of the two Senators and the Senior has been representing your state longer. In theory, they both have the same power, but generally the Senior Senator has more connection in Washington DC and sits as a ranking member or committee chair on some committee.

You can contact either or both.

228544[/snapback]

Thanks a lot! It's all starting to come back to me now... it's been a while since Social Studies classes :angry:

I filed I129F petition for my fiance in May 2005. He had the first interview on Nov 10th, 2005 but didn't get the K1 visa because of his former Communist Party membership. We submitted the document to explain his involvement with the party on Nov 16th, 2005 and was asked to wait for the response. We were told that we should hear response within three months. But now it has been more than three months and we still haven't heard anything from GUZ. I emailed GUZ two weeks ago but didn't get any response either. Should I contact my senator for help? Or I should be more patient and wait for a couple more weeks? Any suggestion?

199871[/snapback]

Well I can tell you from contacting my senators, If you are in 221g Admin review,----there is nothing anyone will do for you. My Senator just said that there is no time frame for an Admin review to be completed within. He can not do anything to help, but If I do not hear anything by the end of august, I should contact him again. The Congressman said the same thing. The other Senator has never responed to my emails or letters.

Good luck. It is very very sad.

Rick and Yanlan

Edited by rlheim (see edit history)
I filed I129F petition for my fiance in May 2005. He had the first interview on Nov 10th, 2005 but didn't get the K1 visa because of his former Communist Party membership. We submitted the document to explain his involvement with the party on Nov 16th, 2005 and was asked to wait for the response. We were told that we should hear response within three months. But now it has been more than three months and we still haven't heard anything from GUZ. I emailed GUZ two weeks ago but didn't get any response either. Should I contact my senator for help? Or I should be more patient and wait for a couple more weeks? Any suggestion?

199871[/snapback]

Well I can tell you from contacting my senators, If you are in 221g Admin review,----there is nothing anyone will do for you. My Senator just said that there is no time frame for an Admin review to be completed within. He can not do anything to help, but If I do not hear anything by the end of august, I should contact him again. The Congressman said the same thing. The other Senator has never responed to my emails or letters.

Good luck. It is very very sad.

Rick and Yanlan

229022[/snapback]

We are just little people and these a-hole government officials won't get off thier high paid fat azzes to help anyone unless they can get something out it for themselves.