Make the music stop!

:toot:

Now did I miss something or what is going on here? :toot: We just recieved our notice to appear for interview in Fresno on April 13, but, we never recieved notice to do the biometrics. Unless that is the missing letter and we will need to get it done. :toot:

The paper does say request to appear for initial interview, they aren't planning for more than one are they?

198389[/snapback]

Feathers: Glad to see you're making some progress!

I would find out where biometrics can be done for your address and take the interview appointment letter to them and see if you are in their system and if they will do her biometrics without an appointment. The local biometrics place in my neighborhood has 6 to 8 people working there and 2 or 3 people getting pics and prints!! They were falling over themselves trying to alleviate the boredom! Nothing to lose by trying and if you don't have the bio's done by interview time, you'll go back to waiting for an appointment and more Muzak!!!

Also, I have had letter carriers that would not put anything in your box if your name wasn't on the inside of the box. Where I live now I am still getting mail almost daily for people that lived here a year ago. It all depends on your carrier!

Oh, and from what I have seen, I would think it very possible that they could misplace your interview and ask for a second!!!! :toot: :toot: :toot: :lol:

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)
:lol:
Now did I miss something or what is going on here? :blink: We just recieved our notice to appear for interview in Fresno on April 13, but, we never recieved notice to do the biometrics. Unless that is the missing letter and we will need to get it done. :unsure:

The paper does say request to appear for initial interview, they aren't planning for more than one are they?

198389[/snapback]

Feathers: Glad to see you're making some progress!

I would find out where biometrics can be done for your address and take the interview appointment letter to them and see if you are in their system and if they will do her biometrics without an appointment. The local biometrics place in my neighborhood has 6 to 8 people working there and 2 or 3 people getting pics and prints!! Nothing to lose by trying and if you don't have the bio's done by interview time, you'll go back to waiting for an appointment and more Muzak!!!

Also, I have had letter carriers that would not put anything in your box if your name wasn't on the inside of the box. Where I live now I am still getting mail almost daily for people that lived here a year ago. It all depends on your carrier!

Oh, and from what I have seen, I would think it very possible that they could misplace your interview and ask for a second!!!! :o :o :o :o

198748[/snapback]

We went here:

2040 Telegraph Ave

Oakland, Ca.

It is right behind the old Paramount Thearter

and can be reached by BART, 19th St Station.

Walk in, fill out an information sheet and wait for your

number to be called. Then show the guy you letter

and tell him you need the bio done. Don't forget your wife

and her passport.

Fortunately, we have an office here in Modesto so I think I'm going to try as you suggest and wander in with the appointment letter. Seems like we just can't get through this without a little drama thown in for fun. :unsure: I got the letter typed and signed by Jen, the hardest part was keeping it polite.

When I talked to the post office, they are tring to claim no Apt number was on the letter but I sure it was due to a sub-standard substitue on the day it would have arrived.