I like going to the consulate(SF) and getting it myself.

196758[/snapback]

I'm with ya on that. I go to planet Houston and take care of it all. But then looks like most are not able to get to a consolate in person. I hate standing in line behind those service people. Slows the whole thing up. <_< :hug: B)

Guest ShaQuaNew
I like going to the consulate(SF) and getting it myself.

196758[/snapback]

If you're close enough to a consulate, that's indeed the best way. I think there's only like four in the US tho, so not the easiest thing to do.... :unsure:

Perhaps you have all the leads you need Trigg, but if not, here is one more, I used www.chinavisatogo.com

Tara is the owner, and she is Chinese. She was extremely honest and helpful.....I unknowingly overpaid her by $10 and she pointed it out and sent it back to me.

I have a friend in new england--Rhode Island i think. anyway, he jsut got his passport and asked what service to use to get his visa for china--anyone remember??

196679[/snapback]

[/quote

wow , quite the responses ! thank you.

michael

197765[/snapback]

He he, See michael, i told you this #%#$R$#s would come through for ya!

passportvisaexpress.com

I was referred to this one by Singularis here and I got both a single and a double with a minimum of hassle. They are in Alexandria, VA, so they walk-in to the DC Embassy for service. The price is competitive and the service is good. My only gripe is that both times I have used them so far they put a gold sticker with their name and domain name on the front of my passport. Takes time to peel that bugger off!

:P

I ***believe*** the "mail it in" change was because the US instituted the requirement for biometrics of Chinese citizens??? (and others).

197284[/snapback]

That's what caused it. The USVISIT program. A retalilation measure for the institution of this maligned program.

197810[/snapback]

One day, Canada and Mexico will dig a trench along their borders, and we will become the island that the present administration is attempting to make us. Hated by all, but loved by ourselves.

Ok, ok....down off of my soapbox.