greetings. question regards passport photo

tall4anasian

Hello,

Is it ok, if there is a tiny/blemish defect on the passport photo? Its a size of a pinhead. Looks like piece of the color came off. Its on the lower right cheek. Thank you..

196147[/snapback]

As no one has posted let me give you my take on it as uninformed as I am. :D

I haven't heard of issues like this with the photos, but you never can tell.

If she is uncomfortable or feels the possiblity that the photos would not be acceptable, then by all means get a new set made. For the cost of new photos it's worth the peace of mind going to the interview.

Hello,

Is it ok, if there is a tiny/blemish defect on the passport photo? Its a size of a pinhead. Looks like piece of the color came off. Its on the lower right cheek. Thank you..

196147[/snapback]

I know this is old but I figured I'd put in my 2 cents. I have a friend who's had their passport application denied because of a small blemish on their photo, however, I must admit this is for a Canadian passport. I am not sure how strict the United States is in this regard.

If she is uncomfortable or feels the possiblity that the photos would not be acceptable, then by all means get a new set made.  For the cost of new photos it's worth the peace of mind going to the interview.

196219[/snapback]

I would agree.

Knowing how so many people have been so screwed over such little matters, my gut tells me that if you have a doubt about something, then fix it....you dont want to have someone reject it and delay your process by several weeks or months over something that would only take a little time and money to fix.

For the few rmb or $$ it would cost for a new one, I think it is well worth getting something without a blemish, and eliminate any reasons for someone to reject the photo.

The photos being sealed into my document envelop by the doctor at the medical exam hospital were a bit fuzzy. So, I took another set, replaced the old ones at the consulate in front the consulate employee while opening up the envelop. It's no big deal to replace photos anytime before the interview.

The photos being sealed into my document envelop by the doctor at the medical exam hospital were a bit fuzzy.  So, I took another set, replaced the old ones at the consulate in front the consulate employee while opening up the envelop.  It's no big deal to replace photos anytime before the interview.

199398[/snapback]

Its not those photos guys. Its the photo on her chinese passport.

Edited by tall4anasian (see edit history)