American Culture At Its Worst

The only time I saw Jerry Springer was when MTV had a spring break special and they were letting him live out his fantasy, which consisted of rolling up two co-eds in a big tortilla smothered with sour cream and salsa.  I immediately forbade my kids from ever watching MTV or Jerry Springer after that.

As for my SO, I will strongly advise that she not watch it. But whether she does or not is up to her.  I think she will be far too busy to watch junk TV during the day.

American culture at its worst?  Indeed.

196423[/snapback]

Man, what do you have against Messican Food :P

Guest ShaQuaNew
The only time I saw Jerry Springer was when MTV had a spring break special and they were letting him live out his fantasy, which consisted of rolling up two co-eds in a big tortilla smothered with sour cream and salsa.  I immediately forbade my kids from ever watching MTV or Jerry Springer after that.

As for my SO, I will strongly advise that she not watch it. But whether she does or not is up to her.  I think she will be far too busy to watch junk TV during the day.

American culture at its worst?  Indeed.

196423[/snapback]

Man, what do you have against Messican Food :P

196424[/snapback]

A Coed-dor-ito?

The show is sick, twisted perverse and the lowest kind of entertainment you can imagine.  That's why I like it.

Makes me wonder how many closet Springer watchers there are.  After all they guy has been on TV a long time. :D  :blink:  :blink:  :D  :jerry:  :jerry:  :jerry:  :jerry:

196163[/snapback]

My wife also watches The Jerry Springer Show plusThe Maury Povich Show. :jerry: Oh well I guess it could be worst maybe Oprah too, no offense meant.

One of the biggest scum balls that ever lived - an embarrassment to our Country.  But, for now, we still have "some" free speech left.

198472[/snapback]

Sorry, I don't see this as free speech, I see it as a carny side (freak) show. That kinda crap has been allowed by almost all cultures throughout the ages, it's just that we can see it on TV. *yuk*

I've tried to get my wife to watch WWE with me. It's entertaining as heck. :) She thinks it's horrible. She now knows the word "wrestling" though.

The more I think at work, the less I want to think for my entertainment, and vice versa. When I was in high school and worked at blockbuster shelving videos, my idea of entertainment was to read books on nonlinear systems.

Now that I'm working as a software engineer, I like entertainment that doesn't make me think, just makes me laugh. Guys getting hit with steel chairs is funny.

I've tried to get my wife to watch WWE with me.  It's entertaining as heck. :( She thinks it's horrible.  She now knows the word "wrestling" though. 

The more I think at work, the less I want to think for my entertainment, and vice versa.  When I was in high school and worked at blockbuster shelving videos, my idea of entertainment was to read books on nonlinear systems.

Now that I'm working as a software engineer, I like entertainment that doesn't make me think, just makes me laugh.  Guys getting hit with steel chairs is funny.

199372[/snapback]

Li has also watched WWE and didn't think much of it. Of course, the Springer episode she saw wasn't much different. :)

Jerry Springer was a real kick to watch live. While attending an EEO training class in Chicago several years ago, three of us took off and watched the show being taped. The tickets were free, EEO was boring and we thought we might see nekd female bodies. It was fun sitting in the audience and hollering and yelling. I was sitting next to Steve and during the fighting part, he came away with real blood coming out of his forehead. I was amazed that when it aired, how many people quietly pulled me aside and asked if that was me on Jerry Springer. There are a lot of closet Springer fans out there! I taped that episode and still watch it from time to time. My friends get a kick out of seeing me and my buddies cut up on tv.

As aye,

Jim