Transferring Money

Other than Western Union, with which I have not had any luck, what other companies offer a money transfer service? I tried using Western Union and ended up calling them several times because they would not allow my SO to pick up the money I sent. We tried reversing the name around, both ways, and she still could not get the money. I hesitate to try WU again. Thanks

I sent to my SO twice via western union... the first time, she forgot my name :huh: :bangin: ... but that's because I go by my middle name and when sent, it was sent under my first name... so she could not pick it up.

She left the place and went to a phone. call another office to ask if a check was sent yet to her.. they confirmed it... she asked who sent it and they told her my name. Then she went back to the pickup place and told them my name... :lol:

----

Sending Money

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11225

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
Other than Western Union, with which I have not had any luck, what other companies offer a money transfer service?  I tried using Western Union and ended up calling them several times because they would not allow my SO to pick up the money I sent.  We tried reversing the name around, both ways, and she still could not get the money.  I hesitate to try WU again.  Thanks

195056[/snapback]

If you won't use Western Union, then there are two reliable choices I can recommend.

1. Pay for a wire transfer direct to your SO's account.

2. Open a second account at your bank and mail her the debit card.

#2 is the long term solution. #1 is the short term solution. If she can wait a couple weeks, just use #2. Hasn't it already been longer than that since you first tried Western Union?

Other than Western Union, with which I have not had any luck, what other companies offer a money transfer service?  I tried using Western Union and ended up calling them several times because they would not allow my SO to pick up the money I sent.  We tried reversing the name around, both ways, and she still could not get the money.  I hesitate to try WU again.  Thanks

195056[/snapback]

Hi Ron,

Did you get the money back from Western Union?

I just used them with no problems at all.

-James

Other than Western Union, with which I have not had any luck, what other companies offer a money transfer service?0„2 I tried using Western Union and ended up calling them several times because they would not allow my SO to pick up the money I sent.0„2 We tried reversing the name around, both ways, and she still could not get the money.0„2 I hesitate to try WU again.0„2 Thanks

195056[/snapback]

If you won't use Western Union, then there are two reliable choices I can recommend.

#2 is the long term solution. #1 is the short term solution. If she can wait a couple weeks, just use #2. Hasn't it already been longer than that since you first tried Western Union?

195072[/snapback]

This has been talked about in previous hreads - PayPal also has an account which functions like a bank account in that you can keep money in it and give your SO a debit card to draw from it. The advantage to the PayPal card is that there uis no charge except for a very small fee when used. The disadvantage is that deposits take 3 days to post.

195056[/snapback]

195072[/snapback]

#2 is definately the way to go in the long run.Saves having to go to a bank or WU.

Thank you all. In answer to Mike's reply, yes, I already sent a debit card to her, however, she has not received it yet. I think she is in need of a little money right now and I was trying to figure out how to get it to her right away. I'll check out some of your suggestions. By the way, has anyone ever had their mail censored in China? That should probably be a different thread.

Thank you all.  In answer to Mike's reply, yes, I already sent a debit card to her, however, she has not received it yet.  I think she is in need of a little money right now and I was trying to figure out how to get it to her right away.  I'll check out some of your suggestions.  By the way, has anyone ever had their mail censored in China?  That should probably be a different thread.

195124[/snapback]

Not sure of any censorship of letters,but sure have had a problem twice sending packages using USPS.Have 1 in "limbo" now that I sent on 1-20-2006,and USPS has failed to give me ANY answers.Both instances,I shipped Global Express.Should have been there in 4-5 days.I've sent packages the same way before with them arriving on time,but they were only clothing.Peice of advice:Don't send jewelry (no matter how inexpensive) or health/beauty articles(no I did not send perfume or any other flammables) via USPS.