Will there definitely be a translator?

Hey all,

My wife were just reading through posts and she is dying to here some opinions on whether or not there will definitely be a translator available for the interview.

We only communicate in Chinese and she is really starting to worry about having to handle it in English.

Anybody have a concrete answer on this?

nate

Guest pushbrk
Hey all,

My wife were just reading through posts and she is dying to here some opinions on whether or not there will definitely be a translator available for the interview. 

We only communicate in Chinese and she is really starting to worry about having to handle it in English.

nate

194953[/snapback]

She can do the interview in Mandarin or Cantonese. Either the VO will speak the language or an interpreter will be available. Make sure you are prepared in all the other ways with your proof of relationship and communication.

As for confirmation, we've had several recent reports of the interviews taking place without English being spoken at all.

Hey all,

nate

194953[/snapback]

I am almost positive that getting a translator will be easy. There are many posts about interviews where the VO either spoke Chinese or got a translator.

Hey all,

nate

194953[/snapback]

If your wife greets the VO in Chinese, they know what to do.

But if they insist on asking in English, all she has to say, is:

" I only speak a little English. Please interview me in Chinese/Cantonese"

For the record, my wife and I situation is similar to you i.e. we

speak mainly Chinese. And my wife was going interview in Chinese.

But she reneged because she felt confident seeing a nice blond dude VO :lol:

She passed...

Who can say if a translator will "always" be present, but my wife speaks only Mandarin, and her (successful) interview was conducted entirely in it. No questions were raised regarding our communication even though I am far from fluent in Chinese. But we get by quite nicely.