I-693 and Civil Surgeon APT

My spouse and very smart new daughter went to aptment with Civil Surgeon today. I was prepared for them to verify the immunizations take some money and send us on our way. They told us that all immigrants must have complete physical and that is scheduled one month out. This information is counter to what is on the USCIS site:

# Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

I am curious if others have had this problem and suggesstions that will not land me in jail.

Thanks

Yes many have had this type of problem. There is still no consensus as to whether Civil Surgeons just don't understand the instructions or if they are just money hungry.

In the past two options have been used.

1) go to another CS who knows what the heck they are doing.

2) Print out the instructions from the USCIS website and try to reason with them.

If all else fails capitulate and do as told. The lucky thing is either way as K-3 you will be through dealing with the government faster than us K-1s

We called on Tuesday, telling them we needed the vaccination supplement for a K-1 visa and were told we could come between 2 and 6 PM.

"She only needs the vaccination supplement?"

"She already has the vaccinations she needs"

"We need to get the doctor's signature"

10 minutes and 10 dollars was all it took!

The I-485 AOS form states clearly that a K-1 only needs the vaccination supplement. This is the form you will attach it to, bring it with you.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
We called on Tuesday, telling them we needed the vaccination supplement for a K-1 visa and were told we could come between 2 and 6 PM.

The I-485 AOS form states clearly that a K-1 only needs the vaccination supplement. This is the form you will attach it to, bring it with you.

194874[/snapback]

This is true... I struggled to find a CS in my area and when I did, he insisted on the exam. He charged me $110 for all signed, sealed and delivered. This is about the same price a doctor in San Diego was going to charge for just signing off. I paid the money because he is nice man and is only 5 minutes away.

194874[/snapback]

This is true... I struggled to find a CS in my area and when I did, he insisted on the exam. He charged me $110 for all signed, sealed and delivered. This is about the same price a doctor in San Diego was going to charge for just signing off. I paid the money because he is nice man and is only 5 minutes away.

194998[/snapback]

For me - the fee was only $50. Much better than the price of a full physical most doctors charge.

Scott