Interview Date Assigned

I was shocked to recieve the packet and interview scheduled for March 23rd exactly 18 months from the date of the intial acknowledgement receipt. I hope I have everything in order and a couple of questions. Should I write a cover letter with a synopsis of our relationship? I figure on doing the medical in the same week as the interview. The interview is thursday and figure on arriving Monday. That would give me three days for completion. I imagine the visa if successful would not be available until the following Monday. Does this sound right for the timeline? I have no idea why it took so long and have no idea if my beating on the different doors helped or not. The bottom line is the journy is close to a end baring any unforseen difficulties. My heart goes out to those that are still in limbo and have waited so long in the system. I think Lian and Larry and Paula must be close behind me. As a side note my very good friend was just succesful with a 130 just a few days short of eight months. He is a microsoft engineer and she has Masters degree from a Chinese university. Neither were ever married. I guess this kind of relationship must be a "piece of cake" and fly through. Go figure! This is a wonderful forum and support group. Thanks for all the information.

Congratulations.

When you go for the medical exam you, probably on Tuesday, you should pay the extra 100 RMB to get the results on Wednesday. This is usually cheaper than the extra nights stay in a hotel.

Thursday interviews pickup their visa on Saturday, some have even been able to get them late Friday afternoon.

If your SO wanted to write a letter that would be fine, but as quickly as they do the actual interview it would probably not be seen.

Be sure to have a good breakfast before going for your interview.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)
I was shocked to recieve the packet and interview scheduled for March 23rd exactly 18 months from the date of the intial acknowledgement receipt. I hope I have everything in order and a couple of questions. Should I write a cover letter with a synopsis of our relationship? I figure on doing the medical in the same week as the interview. The interview is thursday and figure on arriving Monday. That would give me three days for completion. I imagine the visa if successful would not be available until the following Monday. Does this sound right for the timeline? I have no idea why it took so long and have no idea if my beating on the different doors helped or not. The bottom line is the journy is close to a end baring any unforseen difficulties.  My heart goes out to those that are still in limbo and have waited so long in the system. I think Lian and Larry and Paula must be close behind me. As a side note my very good friend was just succesful with a 130 just a few days short of eight months. He is a microsoft engineer and she has Masters degree from a Chinese university. Neither were ever married. I guess this kind of relationship must be a "piece of cake" and fly through. Go figure! This is a wonderful forum and support group. Thanks for all the information.

193944[/snapback]

Hello, First of all congrats on the interview. My fiancee just her interview appt. as well. My receipt of original documents was July 2005, so I guess that is seven months for me. My friend who sent his paperwork in March 2005 just got his interview date also. It sounds like they are cleaning house and getting them all scehduled.

My buddy's fiancee only received 7 days notice for the interview, I received 14. As excited as I am to get the interview, Such short notice can cause a lot of stress after waiting so long.

Good Luck! Greg

Congratulations on your interview date. My SO has her interview on the 2nd. She is in GUZ now for the mediacl exam. She is staying at hotel run by Angela and Mr Xie. I hope that I will be posting the good news on Friday, Good Luck