5 minute video

Larry T

My wife and I had our interview on February 13th and failed. We supplied numerous supporting documents, however the officer barely looked at any and only took the I-134 from my wife. My wife requested the interview be conducted in Chinese. Although she can speak some English she felt more comfortable with her native langauge. This apparently caused a red flag to the officer and the interview was ended with a blue slip. The officer noted we needed to supply a 5 minute video of us communicating, in addition she requested phone records, and any other means of communication we could supply. I understand the officer's concern, however, I do not understand why she did not even look at the documents suppled. We had 6 months of phone records, and 1 year of emails not to mention proof of three visits to China. Why would they not take the information we already had and then have us supply the video? Anyone else have this experience?

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble, but get them what they ask for as soon as you can. Almost all cases are resolved on overcome.

The conjecture is that someone reviews these cases ahead of time, and flags potential concerns for the VO. Rather than notify you in advance of their request for extra evidence, they simply use the interview for this purpose. USCONGUZ, our member from the Guangzhou consulate, claims that the VO sees your folder for the first time at the interview, but that's not to say that someone else doesn't pre-evaluate.

My wife also hardly speaks any English, but had no trouble passing the interview. No one knows what catches their eye in one case, but not another.

Good luck.

Randy,

No idea how GZ would identify Larry's wifes English communication skills beforehand- that seems to be the SOLE issue on the blue slip?.

193829[/snapback]

Jiaying knew enough English to say "English, no! Please, Putonghua!"

The rest of the interview was in Mandarin - she was asked about our sons, and my visits. She said the pictures were very important.

I have a hard time accepting that our fates are judged that quickly. Someone may have flagged a "CONCERN" in advance - the communication issue may have simply opened a door to give the VO a reason to put on the blue slip. To them it is only a blue slip - to Larry (and others), it is a major hoop to jump through.

It's been suspected before that if the VO has not had time to review the case prior to the interview that a blue slip is given. I do not know that to be true or not.

It is very annoying and discourteous that the VOs will not accept the overcome evidence on the spot, i.e. during the inverview. I don't know what wisdom is at work for that policy, but it effect is rude, and places undo expenses on the Beneficary and the Petitioner.

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble, but get them what they ask for as soon as you can. Almost all cases are resolved on overcome.

The conjecture is that someone reviews these cases ahead of time, and flags potential concerns for the VO. Rather than notify you in advance of their request for extra evidence, they simply use the interview for this purpose. USCONGUZ, our member from the Guangzhou consulate, claims that the VO sees your folder for the first time at the interview, but that's not to say that someone else doesn't pre-evaluate.

My wife also hardly speaks any English, but had no trouble passing the interview. No one knows what catches their eye in one case, but not another.

Good luck.

193734[/snapback]

Randy:

This may be true. After thinking about it it brings some light to the situation. I am a paralegal for an attorney that practices civil and bankruptcy law. Many times we will file oppositions to a opposing motion with the court. The judge very seldom reviews the opposition and ends up ordering an evidentiary hearing where all the documents are reviewed and a decision is then made. I realize this analogy may be a little off track, but it seems all to familar to me. The problem I have with this is the VO is not an elected individual with a proven track record but instead hired by our government to take a persons future into their hands

Larry

Guest ShaQuaNew

Good luck.

193734[/snapback]

Randy:

This may be true. After thinking about it it brings some light to the situation. I am a paralegal for an attorney that practices civil and bankruptcy law. Many times we will file oppositions to a opposing motion with the court. The judge very seldom reviews the opposition and ends up ordering an evidentiary hearing where all the documents are reviewed and a decision is then made. I realize this analogy may be a little off track, but it seems all to familar to me. The problem I have with this is the VO is not an elected individual with a proven track record but instead hired by our government to take a persons future into their hands

Larry

193934[/snapback]

Larry, a very unfortunate occurrence in your case, but it looks like you are remaining focused on your goal. Wishing you all the best... :offtopic:

This denial scenario played out as many do... in that sense, it is consistent with the process that at least I've seen for over a year.

The FAQ is explicit with comments from even VOs that state this and so at a minimum, it really shouldn't surprise those that are fully prepared by reading everything available at this site.

It is always discouraging to see a denial, now is the time to follow Randy's advice and finish this up as soon as possible.

Hope for your succesful outcome.

You said your VO was a "she". (GULP! ouch... ) I think you got the infamous "black widow". Asking for an interview in Chinese, not good. have either of you been previously married? that is also a point against you with that VO. You got a bad apple. fix it, set em straight. you'll get it next time. Do something quickly, don't wait. there will be more helpful posts behind mine...

oh carl... we need your help over here please.

Good luck.

193734[/snapback]

Randy:

Larry

193934[/snapback]

Laywer? Goverment? neither one cares about it's customers. oops, there I go again. dough. blert!