K1 or DCF filing? Please help!

1. English - exception is where they ask for Chinese family names in Chinese.

2. Use her mailing address.

3. Go to the China Post or phone company.

4. "US Citizen by birth"

Suggestion: Good stiff drink and the night before the interview take a nice relaxing walk in the park or dinner cruise on the river. Get up early enough the morning of the interview and make her eat breakfast.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Ok...interview is next week...cross fingers! Quick question...how long is the signature on the I-864 valid for? My Mom was here in January and co-signed/sponsored. Just want to make sure her signature is still valid or if we need to get Fed Ex involved ASAP. Thanks!

Also...since she signed the I-864 in January 2007 (before taxes were due to be filed for 2006) she left behind her 2005 returns. So, do I need to have her fax me her 2006 return or will the 2005 return suffice?

Again, thanks!

Ok...interview is next week...cross fingers! Quick question...how long is the signature on the I-864 valid for? My Mom was here in January and co-signed/sponsored. Just want to make sure her signature is still valid or if we need to get Fed Ex involved ASAP. Thanks!

Also...since she signed the I-864 in January 2007 (before taxes were due to be filed for 2006) she left behind her 2005 returns. So, do I need to have her fax me her 2006 return or will the 2005 return suffice?

Again, thanks!

You are best to have the "most current year taxes". So you got caught in that corner turn of the calendar year.

While as a signature, it is probably valid, but as being up to date (most recent tax year) it is not...

WOOO HOOO!!!!! :wub: :D :D

She passed! Visa in hand!

Details to follow, but I want to say this is a long journey that started in February, 2006. I want to thank anyone and everyone who has shared their advice with us on this forum in the last 1 1/2 years. All of you are the best. May you meet the same blessings that I have been given in your lives!

Peace!

Aaron & Helen (and...hehe) :D

Edited by canrun (see edit history)