K1 or DCF filing? Please help!

Hi all!

My Mother has sent me all of her tax records and the I-864 form. HOWEVER...she did NOT send an I-864A from as well. Will she need to send this and, if so, does it need to be notarized? There seems to be conflicting information on this site and the US gov't site. Here is what it says on the uscis web site:

Should be filed with Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act.

The signatures on the I-864A must be notarized by a notary public or signed before an immigration or consular officer.

Please help! I need to get her forms sent to me right away. I'm hoping the I-864A is not needed as well. Thanks!

Aaron

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The I-864 is used by any sponsor not living in the same household as the primary sponsor (you).

If you are living with a person who will be a joint-sponsor, then you can elect to use the I-864a... I'm not sure your required to use it.. I had thought this was optional, since there are some benefits (but not required--meaning, the person you live with could fill out the I-864 and not apply the household member benefits).

Hi all!

My Mother has sent me all of her tax records and the I-864 form. HOWEVER...she did NOT send an I-864A from as well. Will she need to send this and, if so, does it need to be notarized? There seems to be conflicting information on this site and the US gov't site. Here is what it says on the uscis web site:

Should be filed with Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act.

The signatures on the I-864A must be notarized by a notary public or signed before an immigration or consular officer.

Please help! I need to get her forms sent to me right away. I'm hoping the I-864A is not needed as well. Thanks!

Aaron

When I received my I-864 from NVC for CR-1 & CR-2 the package included "IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SPONSORS READ THIS BEFORE SUBMITTING FORM I-864" This Notice provided instructions on who needed to file the I-864 or the I-864A and indicated that the signatures for both forms were not required to be notarized. Additionally, the cover letter from NVC indicated that only a "tax return from the most recent year" was required. I followed their instructions and they were accepted and approved with an un-notorized signature. You can send me a PM if you want a scanned copy of these instructions and cover letter.

Man...I must be a knuckle-head. Even after re-reading all the P3 instructions and uscis web site info. I really have no idea what some of their terminology means. Well, here's the bottom line...my Mother is currently here in China visiting the wife and me. She brought the I-864 info. with her to be my joint sponsor. It will be a simple thing to print off and have her sign the I-864A form IF...IF...IF...it does NOT have to be notarized. Can one of you guys give me a difinitive answer? The uscis web site sure seems to make it seem like they have to be notarized. Thanks for the help! I can see why I never went to law school, BTW :rotfl:

-Aaron

• 1 month later...

Hi all! Back with my LATEST question...hope the end is on the horizon! Anyhow...sent the P3 back in early November and so far have heard NOTHING from GZ. I am curious as to how some members find out when their "name check" is complete. Is there a phone number one can call to find out this kind of information?

For example, here are two cases from http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_DCF_Final1.htm#Q1_15:

(6 months)

06-06-06 ¨C I-130 filed at Beijing

07-20-06 ¨C P2 Received

08-07-06 ¨C P3 Received

09-22-06 ¨C Name check complete

10-28-06 ¨C P4 Received

12-18-06 - Interview

(5 months)

03-28-06 - Handed in I-130 for CR-1 and paid $190 by cash.

04-13-06 ¨C P2 approval by US Department of Homeland Security. (Form I-171)

04-18-06 ¨C P3 sent out by GZ

04-21-06 ¨C P3 sent [DS-230(1 copy) and 169] back to GZ ( No.1 South Shamian Rd.).

05-19-06 ¨C Name Check Complete

06-03-06 ¨C P4 Received

08-15-06 ¨C Interview (estimate)

Can anyone shed some light on this? Should I be on the lookout for some sort of notification in the mail as to the completion of the "name check?" Is it worth giving GZ a call to see how things are going in regards to the P4? Thanks for all the help! I'll be glad to help others when all of this is done with and over!

Cheers!

Aaron :lol:

I am curious as to how some members find out when their "name check" is complete. Is there a phone number one can call to find out this kind of information?

For example, here are two cases from )

There's two ways:

1. Call Center Appointments

(China) 4008-872-333

(International) 86-21-3881-4611

This is a pay service and you have to sign up on the webpage at http://www.usavisainformation.com.cn

You need your case #, and need to get a pin #.

2. DOS: 1-202-663-1225

---

Most will recommend the second one, even if you have to call from China.. it seems more reliable information, easier to connect to a live person and free :)

The last few DCFers were at about 80 days for P3-P4...

• 3 months later...

Have you called DOS? They can tell you the status of your petition. Chances are you are just waiting for an open interview date if your security clearances are all done. You could also try emailing GZ.

Oh, man...you have GOT to be kidding me! :D

Well, my saga continues... It now looks highly likely that my wife is pregnant!! :o This is a good thing, of course! But it sets into motion a whole series of new questions that I may have regarding this whole immigration trial & tribulation. Ha. So, for now I'll keep the question simple...with more to follow, I'm sure, if she is indeed expecting. Her interview is scheduled for next month, so she'll have to go to GZ for the doctor's check.

My question is: If the doctor sees that she is pregnant, could/would this in any way cause the interview to be canceled or prevent the visa from being granted? This was a very, very unexpected spanner in the works here. Thanks, all!

Oh, man...you have GOT to be kidding me! :o

Well, my saga continues... It now looks highly likely that my wife is pregnant!! :( This is a good thing, of course! But it sets into motion a whole series of new questions that I may have regarding this whole immigration trial & tribulation. Ha. So, for now I'll keep the question simple...with more to follow, I'm sure, if she is indeed expecting. Her interview is scheduled for next month, so she'll have to go to GZ for the doctor's check.

My question is: If the doctor sees that she is pregnant, could/would this in any way cause the interview to be canceled or prevent the visa from being granted? This was a very, very unexpected spanner in the works here. Thanks, all!

As far as the visa is concerned being pregnant has no detrimental affect on the process for a married couple, quite the opposite as it provides relationship evidence. :D

Congratulations Daddy.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

As far as the visa is concerned being pregnant has no detrimental affect on the process for a married couple, quite the opposite as it provides relationship evidence. :D

Congratulations Daddy.

Thanks Lee! Found this link that answered quite a few of my questions (for now...of course!) Ha. :o

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=pregnant

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Family composition sheet

Ok...P4 here, interview scheduled and ready to roll. Just wanted to ask about the forms needed for the doctor's exam (which will be in Guangzhou for us.)

1. Does the "family composition sheet" (GIV-24)need to be filled out both in English and Chinese?

UPDATE! Found the answer here:http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23906&hl=telegraphic

2. Which mailing address should we use for this sheet? (I.e. the one EMS mailed the P4 to or the one where her Hukou is registered?)

3. Any idea what the "standard telegraphic code number" mentioned on the family composition sheet is? My wife has NO idea...

UPDATE! Found the answer here:http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15847&st=0&p=190557entry190557

4. "When/how did the petitioner enter the US? Type of visa? 'A' Number?" Huh? I'm a U.S. Citizen...

Any other advice for documents needed for the CR-1 health check? Any suggestions are surely appreciated!

Aaron :lol:

Edited by canrun (see edit history)