April Interviews

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Observation of past trends both here and 001. Typically the P-4's seem to come out in batches- towards the end of the month. Wife has seen many many more timelines of CR-1 people at 001 than here.

What is 001?

190102[/snapback]

The Chinese equilent of CFL. The address is in the links section. Might be good to clue your S/O in on it.

190103[/snapback]

Thank you...

001 Website

... I have passed the web address along to my wife.

My wife and I are cr-1 and the namecheck has been complete since october 18th! I am hoping to get in on the next batch of Cr-1's. Although I leave on march 2nd for my 3rd trip over. I was hoping to wait til the interview but I promised her I would come in march either way. Mmm cant wait!

My wife and I are cr-1 and the namecheck has been complete since october 18th!  I am hoping to get in on the next batch of Cr-1's.  Although I leave on march 2nd for my 3rd trip over.  I was hoping to wait til the interview but I promised her I would come in march either way.  Mmm cant wait!

190295[/snapback]

Chad,

When was the second name check completed? What was the date that your SO became eligible for an interview? I think these dates are important benchmarks as to when you will receive the P-4 and consequently the interview.

Since my wife was eligible for an interview beginning Jan. 10th, does anyone have a general idea as to when we might expect to receive the P4?

190078[/snapback]

Seems that you and I are kind of in the same boat. Our paperowrk sits in Guangzhou and we wait to hear. I will make sure to post if I hear.

Say, I have not been able to check on this "namecheck" thing. How did you do that ?

Frank

Since my wife was eligible for an interview beginning Jan. 10th, does anyone have a general idea as to when we might expect to receive the P4?

190078[/snapback]

Seems that you and I are kind of in the same boat. Our paperowrk sits in Guangzhou and we wait to hear. I will make sure to post if I hear.

Say, I have not been able to check on this "namecheck" thing. How did you do that ?

Frank

190399[/snapback]

Frank,

Call the DOS (Department of State) 1(202)663-1541. Press 0 when the recording begins and wait for a representative. They are open Monday - Friday and the lines open at 8:30am EST.

Your case was just forwarded to GUZ about 3 weeks ago...

If you notice mine was forwarded October 30, 2005 and didn't get entered into the system until January 10th, 2006.

That ~ 2months and 11 days.

That is what you are waiting for now... your case to be entered into the GUZ computer and the 2nd namecheck to be completed.

So, if you call the DOS you will ask if GUZ has you in the system yet. They will most likely tell you that "the NVC sent your file electronically Jan. 21st, but will not enter it into the computer until they receive the hard copy, you should expect to wait 2 to 3 months. You can give us a call back then."

Once you are entered into the GUZ system you will then be waiting for the second name check. Once that is completed you will be eligible for an interview.

You can also call the DOS to see if an interview has been scheduled. They will more than likely say, "you should expect to wait 5 to 6 months once you are eligible until your interview date. Your wife will receive notification (P4) by mail. You may want to give us a call back in 4 or 5 months if you haven't heard anything"

190078[/snapback]

Frank

190399[/snapback]

Frank,

Call the DOS (Department of State) 1(202)663-1541. Press 0 when the recording begins and wait for a representative. They are open Monday - Friday and the lines open at 8:30am EST.

Your case was just forwarded to GUZ about 3 weeks ago...

If you notice mine was forwarded October 30, 2005 and didn't get entered into the system until January 10th, 2006.

That ~ 2months and 11 days.

That is what you are waiting for now... your case to be entered into the GUZ computer and the 2nd namecheck to be completed.

So, if you call the DOS you will ask if GUZ has you in the system yet. They will most likely tell you that "the NVC sent your file electronically Jan. 21st, but will not enter it into the computer until they receive the hard copy, you should expect to wait 2 to 3 months. You can give us a call back then."

Once you are entered into the GUZ system you will then be waiting for the second name check. Once that is completed you will be eligible for an interview.

You can also call the DOS to see if an interview has been scheduled. They will more than likely say, "you should expect to wait 5 to 6 months once you are eligible until your interview date. Your wife will receive notification (P4) by mail. You may want to give us a call back in 4 or 5 months if you haven't heard anything"

190449[/snapback]

Thanks for the info.

Looks like it will easily be 1 1/2 years from start to finish for us. Gosh it is so very slow. Would there have been a different Guangzhou process if it was only a K3 ?

All the recommendations before said the K3 was just about as slow as the CR-1. Not so sure this is true.

Looks like it will easily be 1 1/2 years from start to finish for us.  Gosh it is so very slow.  Would there have been a different Guangzhou process if it was only a K3 ?

All the recommendations before said the K3 was just about as slow as the CR-1.  Not so sure this is true.

190466[/snapback]

The difference in the K-3 appears to be with the transfer of your file from the NVC to Guangzhou. From how I understand it the embassy proceeds with processing once they receive the electronic file from the NVC with K-3's and they wait fo the hard copy with CR1's. So, this adds about 2 more months onto the CR1 processing. Maybe I am wrong? And I am definately over simplifying.

If you are looking at the difference between 1 year and 1 year and 2 months both are equally slow in my book. :) To do over again I would have also applied for the K-3... but hindsights 20/20

I will keep you (everyone) posted on my progression. I am praying that we will get our P-4 before the end of February, giving my wife an interview by the end of April or beginning of May.

October 18th was the the date the second name check was complete ans she was eldigible for an interview.

190579[/snapback]

Chad,

Does your SO have any children? When my wife called the embassy to ask about our interview date they asked if she had any children. They told her if she did to expect to wait at least 3 months longer than without children. We don't have any children, so it doesn't matter in our case... but I am still curious why the added time?

Jamison

VISA type...... respective center........ P1 time.............P2 time.............P3 time.................P4 time................. Interview ..............note

K3 ........................ CSC................2005-8-31.........2005-11-7.........2006-1-7.................2006-2-15..............2006-3-31..............I have not received the P4

Looks like March 31st is the most recently scheduled interview date now.... I just found this on 101.

Yep..just came back from 001. and i saw a lady who is either K3 or CR1 was talking about getting an accommodation in GUZ for the interview and her interview will be in April.She didnt mention any specific date though.

191559[/snapback]

Let me know if you here any more about April interviews...