Jie and I have talked of retirement in China as well.

Shang hai is a fun place, but expensive.

We've talked of a summer place up north, Ha er bing, and a winter place down south, maybe not too far south, Hangzhou. Close enough to Shang hai when we want to go.

Looks like you've got some pinyin "skeels". hehehe

Chalk it up to dialect, thats right its just a different dialect.

The people are here are great. Best thing I've found was reading FAQs. If it's not there I would be suprised.

Welcome again,

Eric

190035[/snapback]

Hello Yuan Fen:

I am not familiar with Ha Er Bing, but I have been to Hangzhou. West Lake is my favorite part. I went to my Ying Jow teacher's Si Gung's tomb - Yueh Fei.There are many pavilions there with statues and art work. I love the architecture of the buildings. The Lotus plant gardens were so peaceful, we spent the whole day there. It's places like that that make me want to live there.

chinglung

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard Patrick :D

I think I like your style, friendly, curious, not overbearing B)

190040[/snapback]

Hello Obxtrainman:

Thank you for your welcome. I try my best to be respectful of those whose "eyes are very high," as I look up to them. Zai Jian

chinglung

Hello Everyone:

I joined your group today and this is my first post. I've been trying to find my way around the forum, reading posts from the members and absorbing information and comments. My name is Patrick and I am from Chicago. My girlfriend lives in Shanghai and her name is Feng. She went for her interveiw on October 24th, 2005 and was denied her K1 Visa. She hired some Consultants in Guangzhou, who went for her Visa yesterday and was denied again. I have to wait for the paper work to find what their reasons were and start again.

I have patience as I am a Chinese gung fu and tai chi chuan teacher and having been practicing for 35 years. I have a web page at http://farsnott.tripod.com

I have to read more posts so that I can learn what the initials mean in the time lines that I see. I feel very lucky to find this web site, as having the experience of so many people available to read does feel like a candle in the darkness.

Thank you for reading this.

189248[/snapback]

Stay close. There is a world of experience on CFL. Welcome :D

190218[/snapback]

Hello Artmill4:

Thank you for your welcome. I can see how helpful everyone is in this forum. It is the first time I ever participated in any forums. I think this forum is very auspicious for my securing a Visa for my Feng. I feel very lucky to find such kind people so helpful in the task that I have.

Shei shei ni,

Patrick (chinglung)

Chinglung, Welcome to CFL.

190455[/snapback]

Hello C4racer:

Thank you very much for your thoughts. I see by your avitar, you have much to be happy about! What good joss you have.

Chinglung

Welcome to CFL Patrick. I am sure with the collective experience and knowledge here (spelling errors notwithstanding) that Feng's denial can be overcome. I hope the "consultant" didn't do too much damage.

Stick around. We're here for you.

190470[/snapback]

Greetings Phil and Ningning:

Thank you for your encouragement. I have learned much aready and have a long way to go. I'm working on my timeline, is there an area for a glossary of the initials used here?

I see you like jazz.. I just picked up 51 Coltrane albums. I listen to them while I research here. Helps me concentrate. Thanks again.

Chinglung

Hello Everyone:

I received a new email from my girlfriend Feng this morning. I talked to her on Friday, although most of the time she was crying. I finally made her laugh when I tried more of my Mandarin on her. I wish I could get my mouth to work right!

Anyway, I was waiting for the consultant in Guangzhou to send me some kind of paperwork, blue slip, facsimile or something. I sent her another email this morning, but I thought I would post the first email I received from her last Wednesday. Perhaps you can understand the document number reference.

I also would like to post the main part of the email I received from Feng this morning. I'll leave out the mushy part as you all probably have enough mushy stuff in your lives already.

I would like the members, if they wouldn't mind, to give me some insight and direction. I read earlier in some posts that calling the Consulate is a waste. Should I write the letter to the Consulate about how much Feng and I are in love? I have written some documents about how we met, how we concluded we wanted to be married, when, how and why. I don't mind writing such a letter but I must confess that I feel like I am only reiterating what I have written before. It would seem that I am rehashing the same statements, only changing the wording. I don't know if it is fluff from the VO or do they really consider these statements?

I am trying to stay focused, but sometimes I am kung-fused about this endeavor. When Feng went for her first interview on October 24th, 2005, she didn't have enough English to pass the interview. Honestly, I did not know and Feng didn't know, that it would be an issue. Feng is kind of nervous as it is. I know from my reading here in the forum, that being that way wasn't helpful.

I wrote an email last Wednesday to King and haven't heard from him yet. As he may be very busy, it may be normal not to hear from him so soon. From the emails and welcomes I have received from the members since Wednesday, I feel like I have a whole team on my side. I always try to be a team player and learn from every one on it. I don't know what I would do if I didn't find CFL. I know I would do a lot of research, but the folks here are so kind, helpful and knowledgeable. I feel very comfortable with everyone I have "met" in the forum. I feel very lucky and honored to be allowed the opportunity to be part of this group. Thank you all in advance.

Patrick (Chinglung)

Below find the email from the GUZ consultant:

Hello! Patrick,

I am really sorry that I can not help your fiancee to get the visa.

the notice from the US consulate saying as the followings:

according to the clause 212(a)(5)(a)

the US consulate has determined, based on your testimony, documents and any other evidence, that you do not have a bona fide relationship with your petitioner. the consulate will now returned your case to the department of homeland security for review and possible revocation. required processing may require several months.when the consulate returns your case, you will receive confirmation with steps you may take to appeal this decision.

the above is what the notice from the US Consulate.

How to deal with it:

try to make to telephone call to US consulate at 0118620-8121800 and follow the voice cue and ask the consulate in Guangzhou why they do not believe the relationship betweeen your fiancee and you. and tell them you are really in love.and asked whether they will give you another opportunity for explaining it or something like that. and then you will fax to the Consulate at 0118620-38844412.

if it is not helpful, you will have to come to China and married with your fiancee and if you like we will continue to help your fiancee.that is to say you have to petition another kind of application.

I am really sorry!

sincerely yours xxxxx

Below is from Feng:

Dear Patrick:

How are you? I'm much better now. Though it's a big disappointment for me. I've to handle it.

xxxx xx called me yesterday. She said she had told you to write a letter to explain our relations.

She told me that they didn't believe the fact that we love each other. That's why I can't get my visa. So they need your letter. But she forgot to tell you the fax number. It is 38844412.

Welcome to CFL, I just returned from GZ and Shanghai with my fiance, who just got her K1 approved last week. Jie is also a Shanghai girl.

This is my first time on CFL since we left, so I have not read this whole thread and the followup posts, I only read your original post. Based on that, what I can tell you is that the Consulate warns very adamantly about 'consultants' and they can actually cause more harm than good.

I am sure you have already gotten good advice on how to handle this, and I want to wish you the best ! I will try to catch up more on your situation and perhaps I will soon be able to provide some guidance or support. Good luck bro !

I am a bit confused. In reading Feng's e-mail, it almost sounds like a "blue slip" situation where you are being asked to provide more information, but the consultant's e-mail sounds like the consulate is about to send to files back to the US in order to revoke the I-129F petition.

Patrick, I don't want to sound alarmist, but I think it is important to see if this matter can be resolved before the files are returned to USCIS for possible revocation. Here is one link that discusses what might happen if the consulate sends files back to the US: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14779

I think contacting a good lawyer in Guangzhou (with all due respect, not a consultant) will certainly help sort this out.

Also are you sure that the cite is correct? 212(a)(5)(a)?

Welcome to CFL, I just returned from GZ and Shanghai with my fiance, who just got her K1 approved last week. Jie is also a Shanghai girl.

This is my first time on CFL since we left, so I have not read this whole thread and the followup posts, I only read your original post. Based on that, what I can tell you is that the Consulate warns very adamantly about 'consultants' and they can actually cause more harm than good.

I am sure you have already gotten good advice on how to handle this, and I want to wish you the best ! I will try to catch up more on your situation and perhaps I will soon be able to provide some guidance or support. Good luck bro !

190873[/snapback]

Hello Ameriken:

Thank you for your welcome. I only joined last Wednesday, so I have mostly been replying to members welcomes. I have read your postings though and I am happy for you. My first post was my introduction and the rest are in that category. Today was the first post of any substance. I did receive some posts in the last few days, where some members adviced me of that situation. I wish I would have known before. I am in the process tonight of defining my time line. I know you just returned home so when ever you have time to post any comments, they will be greatly appreciated. Again, congratulations!

chinglung

I am a bit confused.  In reading Feng's e-mail, it almost sounds like a "blue slip" situation where you are being asked to provide more information, but the consultant's e-mail sounds like the consulate is about to send to files back to the US in order to revoke the I-129F petition.

Patrick, I don't want to sound alarmist, but I think it is important to see if this matter can be resolved before the files are returned to USCIS for possible revocation.  Here is one link that discusses what might happen if the consulate sends files back to the UShttp://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14779

I think contacting a good lawyer in Guangzhou (with all due respect, not a consultant) will certainly help sort this out.

Also are you sure that the cite is correct?  212(a)(5)(a)?

190876[/snapback]

Hello Frank1538:

Feng went for her first interview on Oct. 24th, 2005. She received a blue slip then(I have a copy of it if you like to see it). That is when and where Feng met the consultants. I sent them (consultants) 18 more documents. some were repeaters of the first set, others were statements from my landlord, single tax return, I could send you the list. (I have to see how you send attachments). What I believe is that you are correct about the consulate sending back the files to the U.S.

As I stated it the post you are responding to, I tried to contact King but I haven't heard from him yet. Please by all means, contact the lawyer as I think I need one. I will check on the link you gave me as soon as i send this to you. Thank you.

Patrick

I am a bit confused.  In reading Feng's e-mail, it almost sounds like a "blue slip" situation where you are being asked to provide more information, but the consultant's e-mail sounds like the consulate is about to send to files back to the US in order to revoke the I-129F petition.

Patrick, I don't want to sound alarmist, but I think it is important to see if this matter can be resolved before the files are returned to USCIS for possible revocation.  Here is one link that discusses what might happen if the consulate sends files back to the UShttp://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14779

Also are you sure that the cite is correct?  212(a)(5)(a)?

190876[/snapback]

Hello again Frank1538:

I read your link and it sounds exactly like what I received from the consultant.

I copied and pasted the her whole email including that reference number. I was emailing her again this morning so I could get a copy. I am concerned

gravely about the deadline/s and what the process is. Do you think that King may respond to my email soon? I sent it on the day I joined, last Wednesday.

Thank you

Patrick

Hello Patrick,

I am sorry for your difficulty but you have arrived in the right place at last. I am just starting (filed I-129F) so I have no advice for you, but so many good people here have so much experience that help will come.

-James

Patrick,

Welcome aboard ....  sorry you had to start with such a post that mentioned the denial, there is lots of experience and knowledge here, as well as support, you don't know it yet, but you have a new and extended family....  by the way, my wife is from Shanghai too, I'll be seeing her next week

good luck in your overcome

189275[/snapback]

Hello Hanli:

Thank you for the welcome. My girlfriend Feng will be happy to know some of the members are from Shanghai. I liked it so much, I think I might like to retire there.

I have a large vocabulary of Mandarin from years of training in Chinese martial arts, but presently I study the Pimsleur Mandarin system. On my fourth lessons, I actually understood a short conversation between two Mandarin speakers. That felt great. My girlfriend is in school in Shanghai for English, but so far she is having a rough time. i think it's because she can't use it in daily life. If I can get her here, that will change quickly. You are very lucky to see her soon!

Thanks again for the welcome, you are very kind.

chinglung

189508[/snapback]

Hi Patrick,

Well I was not able to go to Shanghai as I thought, as I came down with a terrible case of Tonsilitis which almost put me in the Hospital. Interesting that your wife is going to school in shanghai studying English, so is my wife.... possibly they may know each other.

Looking forward to hearing your progress on the overcome.

good luck

Hello Patrick,

I am sorry for your difficulty but you have arrived in the right place at last.  I am just starting (filed I-129F) so I have no advice for you, but so many good people here have so much experience that help will come.

-James

190887[/snapback]

Hello Jemmyell:

Thank you very much for your support. I really can't offer any advice as I'm not very good with this, but I can wish you the best.

Patrick (chinglung)