Patrick.....Welcome to Candle!!!!

In order to help you, of course we willl need to know why the denials.  Once this information is shared you will be amazed at the amount of help you will receive.  In addition, I was raised in Chicago.  So the other question we need to know to help you is, are you a Cubby or Sox fan.  Be careful how you answer this question....haha

cuz there is a over sensitive member here, who was raised in Chicago, who is a die-hard Cub fan :D

189260[/snapback]

Hello chef4u:

I received the bad news yesterday. I emailed them back requesting the scanned paperwork. As soon as I receive it I will post the information for everyone.

I need to learn the jargon for the progress since I started my application, so i can post it properly.

I have lived in Chicago all my life, but I never was involved in sports. When I was very young, I had a bad heart and a blood disease that prohibited my participation. I started learning Tai Chi at sixteen, which made my heart condition go away and my blood disease dormaint. I never stopped. I guess because I couldn't play sports, I didn't develope an interest. Instead, I play Tai Chi, Ba Gua and Chi Gong.

I hope I was careful enough with my reply. Thank you again for the welcome. P.S. Does this have spell check?

chinglung

189503[/snapback]

On no eth srll check.....oops no on the spell check...sorry. At least I do not know about it. Because I for one could certainly use it here. Anyway, great answer!!! Your tact is definetly a Late Mayor Daley response. Just curious...I looked at your site. Very interesting!! Any good Tai Chi, Ba Gua and Chi Gong in Tampa, FL that you might be able to recommend?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick,

Welcome aboard ....  sorry you had to start with such a post that mentioned the denial, there is lots of experience and knowledge here, as well as support, you don't know it yet, but you have a new and extended family....  by the way, my wife is from Shanghai too, I'll be seeing her next week

good luck in your overcome

189275[/snapback]

Hello Hanli:

Thank you for the welcome. My girlfriend Feng will be happy to know some of the members are from Shanghai. I liked it so much, I think I might like to retire there.

I have a large vocabulary of Mandarin from years of training in Chinese martial arts, but presently I study the Pimsleur Mandarin system. On my fourth lessons, I actually understood a short conversation between two Mandarin speakers. That felt great. My girlfriend is in school in Shanghai for English, but so far she is having a rough time. i think it's because she can't use it in daily life. If I can get her here, that will change quickly. You are very lucky to see her soon!

Thanks again for the welcome, you are very kind.

chinglung

Patrick,

Welcome to CFL.  If you can't resolve it, you can contact King, a lawyer in GZ and a member here.

189298[/snapback]

Hello Tonado:

Thank you for the welcome. Everyone is so nice here. I emailed King yesterday and am awaiting for his response.

I only heard the bad news yesterday and am awaiting for the paperwork and reasons for the denial. Afterwards I will post the information for everyone to peruse.

Thanks again for your concerns.

chinglung

Welcome Patrick. I think you will find Candle a great place for not only information, but also moral support in this sometimes drawn out process. Hope all goes well in processing the denial. I trust that if you hang in there, love will eventually prevail.

Welcome aboard, indeed.

Welcome to Candle. My wife is also from Shanghai - there's several around here.

As others have mentioned, if you provide details, members can give you some good advice. There's a lot of experience here from others who have first hand knowledge of what you are going through. They are more than willing to share their knowledge with you.

189300[/snapback]

Hello Donahso:

Thank you for your welcome, it is very comforting to find others in the same

junk (boat) as myself. As soon as I have the information, I will post. I have to organize the time line for the post and pick up the jargon of the abreviations.

I appreciate greatly everyones kindness. Xin Nian Yu Kwai.

chinglung

Welcome Patrick. I think you will find Candle a great place for not only information, but also moral support in this sometimes drawn out process. Hope all goes well in processing the denial. I trust that if you hang in there, love will eventually prevail.

Welcome aboard, indeed.

189513[/snapback]

Hello Mick:

Thank you for the welcome. You are correct in the support I have already received from kind people like yourself after only one day of first knocking at the door.

As soon as I receive the information i will post it. I have to work on the time line as well. I have been patiently waiting for 18 months so far. As we all agree, it is worth the wait. Shei shei ni.

chinglung

P.S. Does this have spell check?

chinglung

189503[/snapback]

There is a link to the Triggictionary somewhere, but no direct spell check. :D

Trigg might be along to tell you where to find that Triggictionary... :P

189505[/snapback]

Hello ShaQuaNew:

Thanks for the information. I use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer so I an use "tabs." One tab for Candlelight, the other for dictionary.com.

I uploaded a picture of my sweetheart and I and reduced it to 250 x 250, but I see for the avitar, it is smaller. I have to shrink it when I get home. In a few days, I'll be better at the GUI here, for the posts and info, much longer to assimulate.

Shei shei ni.

chinglung

In order to help you, of course we willl need to know why the denials.  Once this information is shared you will be amazed at the amount of help you will receive.  In addition, I was raised in Chicago.  So the other question we need to know to help you is, are you a Cubby or Sox fan.  Be careful how you answer this question....haha

cuz there is a over sensitive member here, who was raised in Chicago, who is a die-hard Cub fan :P

189260[/snapback]

Hello chef4u:

I received the bad news yesterday. I emailed them back requesting the scanned paperwork. As soon as I receive it I will post the information for everyone.

I need to learn the jargon for the progress since I started my application, so i can post it properly.

I have lived in Chicago all my life, but I never was involved in sports. When I was very young, I had a bad heart and a blood disease that prohibited my participation. I started learning Tai Chi at sixteen, which made my heart condition go away and my blood disease dormaint. I never stopped. I guess because I couldn't play sports, I didn't develope an interest. Instead, I play Tai Chi, Ba Gua and Chi Gong.

I hope I was careful enough with my reply. Thank you again for the welcome. P.S. Does this have spell check?

chinglung

189503[/snapback]

On no eth srll check.....oops no on the spell check...sorry. At least I do not know about it. Because I for one could certainly use it here. Anyway, great answer!!! Your tact is definetly a Late Mayor Daley response. Just curious...I looked at your site. Very interesting!! Any good Tai Chi, Ba Gua and Chi Gong in Tampa, FL that you might be able to recommend?

189507[/snapback]

Hello chef4u:

Glad you like my site, that's me in the red shirt. One of my Tai Chi teachers is in Clearwater, Fl. I haven't checked a map to see how close that is to you. I'll check for you. I know of other Masters in Florida, just have to research it. I will get back to you.

Patrick (chinglung)

P.S. Does this have spell check?

chinglung

189503[/snapback]

There is a link to the Triggictionary somewhere, but no direct spell check. :D

Trigg might be along to tell you where to find that Triggictionary... :P

189505[/snapback]

For those of you whose digits have a mind of their own, you can try http://www.iespell.com/download.php - not a bad spell checker for IE.

I offered this to Trigg once, but it contained none of his words, so he axed it.

cuz there is a over sensitive member here, who was raised in Chicago, who is a die-hard Cub fan :clapping:

189260[/snapback]

Hello chef4u:

chinglung

189503[/snapback]

189507[/snapback]

Hello again Chef4u:

Here are the tai chi schools to check out. Look in on classes before participating, that way you can observe better, instead of trying to follow and see how the teacher is. The one I think would be best is marked. He is a student of Mike Pattersen, who is great.

Contact Name: Thomas Haase

Business Name: Wah Lum Kung Fu of tampa

Address: 3217 S. MacDill Ave.

City: Tampa

State: FL

Phone Number: 813-875-6177

Center's Major Interest: Yang Style

Li Long Kung Fu & Tai Chi Schools

li loong kung fu & yang & chen tai chi (yang style is easier to learn)

Tampa Florida USA

Sigung J A Whitney Jr

813 263 0654

lilongbaimeikungfu@yahoo.com

Dr. Gary S. Torres <<<<<<This looks like the best!

P.O. Box 272262

Tampa, Florida 33688-2262

Phone: (813) 786-5196

E-mail: drtorres@tampabay.rr.com

Shao Lin Quan (Shao Lin Chuan)

Tai Ji Quan (Tai Chi Chuan)

Xing Yi Quan (Hsing Yi Chuan)

Ba Gua Zhang (Pa Kua Chang)

Qi Gong (Chi Kung)

Meditation

Weapons

Good luck!

Patrick (chinglung)

Simply- WELCOME To CFL Patrick and Good Luck with the overcome situation!!!Richard and his Shanghaiese wife!

189642[/snapback]

Hello ChineseWife:

Thanks for the welcome and the good wishes. I am awaiting the information about the denial so I can post it here on CFL. I feel very comfortable with the members here and am feeling part of the family here. I received an email from my girlfriend this morning. She is very disappointed and sounded very depressed. I am going to encourage her as much as I can.

Thank you in advance for all of your compassion and good will. I am going to tell her(Feng) of the number of girls from Shanghai that made it through the Visa process and are happily married in the U.S. to give her hope.

Patrick (chinglung)

Welcome Patrick,

You will learn alot from this web site and there is a great love from all who is here.....hope things will go good for you and just stay the course....also I am from central Illinois in a small town next to Springfield,IL. So maybe one day we can all get together.. for I go to Chi-Town alot.....good luck...on your quest.. :rolleyes:

Yours,

Dan M

Welcome Patrick,

You will learn alot from this web site and there is a great love from all who is here.....hope things will go good for you and just stay the course....also I am from central Illinois in a small town next to Springfield,IL.  So maybe one day we can all get together.. for I go to Chi-Town alot.....good luck...on your quest.. :shutup:

Yours,

Dan M

189910[/snapback]

Hello danmuss:

Thank you for your good wishes. I started the membership two days ago and have found many good people already. I visited this forum several months ago and read through hundreds of posts. After the second rejection a few days ago, I was motivated to become a member. As I have said, there are a lot of nice people here and I plan on building many good friendships.

Let me know when you are planning on coming in to Chicago. My email address outside of the forum is chinglung@justamere.net I would be happy to visit with you. Shei shei ni.

Patrick (chinglung)

Hi Patrick. Welcome to CFL.

My wife is also from Shanghai.

I'd give you our phone number so our ladies could talk to each other except that:

A. Amy already spends most of her free time on the phone as it is, and

B. You would probably kill me as the result of your SO spending all her free time talking to Amy!! :D :lol:

If she does want to talk to a fellow Shanghaiese who has already gone through the process, Amy can be reached on a website called 001.com.cn

Her handle is coconuthead B)

Hello Everyone:

I joined your group today and this is my first post. I've been trying to find my way around the forum, reading posts from the members and absorbing information and comments. My name is Patrick and I am from Chicago. My girlfriend lives in Shanghai and her name is Feng. She went for her interveiw on October 24th, 2005 and was denied her K1 Visa. She hired some Consultants in Guangzhou, who went for her Visa yesterday and was denied again. I have to wait for the paper work to find what their reasons were and start again.

I have patience as I am a Chinese gung fu and tai chi chuan teacher and having been practicing for 35 years. I have a web page at http://farsnott.tripod.com

I have to read more posts so that I can learn what the initials mean in the time lines that I see. I feel very lucky to find this web site, as having the experience of so many people available to read does feel like a candle in the darkness.

Thank you for reading this.

189248[/snapback]

There are bad consultants and good consultants in Guangzhou.

The bad consultants don't know what they are doing.

You have to use your knowledge, experience, sense to judge and choose a good one.

If the consultant speaks Chinglish, sure s/he will fail to convince VO to issue a visa. If such a consultant wins a case, then that's pure luck.

There are other ways to judge a consultant or an attorney is good or not, which I leave with you guys.