Phone calls to China

Yep, seems like I definitely have to get this girl a computer for the messenger/webcam thing.

188602[/snapback]

Ya, a CPU is really good but the phone cards with the call logs are valuable for the inevitable interview at the US consulate in China. Not to mention to build up the communication skills (if that is applicable).

I like onesuite.com and for .02 per minute I do not know why anyone would not use it. I even got through during Chinese new year.

Louis

Edited by natrigon (see edit history)
Jesse:

You're yankin' my chain....er, I mean pulling my string.

I use smoke signals myself; seeing that I'm on the west coasta and she can see them....

Phil

188495[/snapback]

How do you guys get a log of the calls? :greenblob:

Doesn't all the air pollution in China add static to the messages Phil? :D

My SO and I have our first phone date! The 20th, its her birthday so we're gonna chat it up. GULP! I've been writing down Mandarin phrases I could possibly use, but this is assuming I know how to say them right... and assuming I understand her reply. I think this will be brief, maybe 15 minutes per call to start then eventually getting into the 6 hour marathons like you guys do and I think I'll take a suggestion someone gave me and just speak English very slowly and cut out the extra words.

Anyways, after saying all that, the package my cable company gives me for Asian calling is $7.95 per month (includes 60 minutes) and .12 cents per minute after those 60 are used up. Is this price good, bad or ugleh? If its not good, what kind of price do you get and how?

188338[/snapback]

I've always used Nobel.com. They have a good, local access number service with no connection fees and one second rounding. You can buy online and I've always found it to be very convenient.