Talked to A. S.

Just got off the phone with A. S. after being transferred back and forth. He said my fiancee's case" looks favorable". I asked what he meant by it. He couldn't disclose it for me but said someone from the public inquiry division will contact me to let me know what it is. The strange thing is he didn't even need my fiancee's case number, just her name and birthday, and my name. The other day when I called the DOS info line, that lady asked for my fiancee's case number and said the case is still pending.

Did anyone here went through a similar experience? Now it makes me curious what he meant by the case looks favorable.

That sounds like a general judgement that, minus any hit that delays the namecheck, they expect to have the backlog cleared soon. Soon has a different meaning to them though. Within the next quarter would be soon to them.

Hopefully that means that they don't expect the change to Homeland to cause problems at least immediately.

Did anyone here went through a similar experience?  Now it makes me curious what he meant by the case looks favorable.

very vague statement...the case is either clear or not cleared, or on hold or not on hold.. but " favorable" ? Weird.

I guess he is being cautious.. Probably took some heat from V/O/P/I for saying too much. I know Sarah wasn't too happy about the CA guys.

just my thought...

. . . .  The strange thing is he didn't even need my fiancee's case number, just her name and birthday, and my name. The other day when I called the DOS info line, that lady asked for my fiancee's case number and said the case is still pending.

Did anyone here went through a similar experience?

yes. B)

. . . .  The strange thing is he didn't even need my fiancee's case number, just her name and birthday, and my name.   The other day when I called the DOS info line, that lady asked for my fiancee's case number and said the case is still pending.

yes. :o

Last time I got through to the person in question, he did not ask for case number, said he didn't need it. Did ask for birthday however. He did say this however, "Sure a lot of applicants with the same name, it may take me awhile to find yours". Boy did that make me feel good. :D He did finally locate it however, by birthdate. But I do wonder what might happen on the odd chance someone had the same name and birthday? Given the large number of applicants, this is not as far-fetched as it sounds. :D B) :D

. . . .  The strange thing is he didn't even need my fiancee's case number, just her name and birthday, and my name.   The other day when I called the DOS info line, that lady asked for my fiancee's case number and said the case is still pending.

yes. :lol:

Last time I got through to the person in question, he did not ask for case number, said he didn't need it. Did ask for birthday however. He did say this however, "Sure a lot of applicants with the same name, it may take me awhile to find yours". Boy did that make me feel good. :D He did finally locate it however, by birthdate. But I do wonder what might happen on the odd chance someone had the same name and birthday? Given the large number of applicants, this is not as far-fetched as it sounds. :huh: :lol: :lol:

Yes. True.. But statistics ( even in China ) says it won't...

What bothers me though is WHY they don't want a case number ? When it's one case= one name...

Too simple perhaps????

I don't like it anymore than you do, Tex, but it is just a fact of life for us.  We have seen it happen too often.

It is however tempting for those who got / are getting visas to share the sources who genuinely helped to help others CDL sufferers..... However, I am not sure if I'd do that, even though my case is over...

Simpkin was burnt.. So will others,... Perhaps it is best to leave it to one's ability to "want" it and make their case.. Frankly I do not know.....

Owen, what do you think?

Practically, I had 2 sources mainly ... One in GZ and one at the VO/P/I office.... None at the DoS damn line. One of which was never mentioned anywhere here before .... Both were instrumental about my case and extremely responsive, and I mean it...I thanked them both today. I am reluctant to release that info though, because before long, they would have to clam up as well, like Andrew... Sad, but true and understandable.

I can only comment in my calls to GZ since I can't afford to call all those other guys stateside, but sometimes they ask for case number, and sometimes birthday is good enough. I will say that whenever they ask for birthday, they ask for her name and mine also. Same names do happen in China a lot, but how many Zhang Yu's do you think are married to a Daniel Hutson, sharing the same birthday. <_< :D :D

I can  only comment in my calls to GZ since I can't afford to call all those other guys stateside, but sometimes they ask for case number, and sometimes birthday is good enough.  I will say that whenever they ask for birthday, they ask for her name and mine also.  Same names do happen in China a lot, but how many Zhang Yu's do you think are married to a Daniel Hutson, sharing the same birthday. <_<  :D  :D

I know of 6...

Juuuuuuuuuust kidding Dave !!!

Those of us who have contacts need to be very judicious about how we share that information. Sometimes it is probably best to just not share it. There are people out there who are trying to help, but it seems that in the government bureaucracy if you have stand out performance it just draws a lot of fire.

I don't know for sure either. I share what I can. Some of what I have been able to share actually is publicly available, but just not easy to find. That kind of stuff I figure is fair game.