Not quite sure what that means...I think it may be the name check b/c as I recall that is the only process they run between recieving your P3 and sending out the P4. Maybe David or some of the other more experienced folks could answer this one.

What number did you call for the DOS? Was it stateside or in GUZ? Im here in China and Id like to call and see if Elf's P3 has been entered into the system.

This is second name check initiated by GUZ... you can see the P3 FAQ for some comments... but this is normal step... wait a few weeks and call again since that will be a month since you sent P3...

The keywords you will want to hear are "She is eligible for an interview".. this means the security check is over !

I called DOS once asking about that too,the lady told me that at they were doing the pre-interview clearance (which i guess thats what some basic namecheck takes places).This Pre-P4 process occurs to every single applicant,so dont worry about anything,just wait for like 1 month or so till you get your interview date.( I called DOS again 3 weeks after being told that my case was undergoing pre-interview clearance..and i got a interview date)!

Edited by susieq (see edit history)
Alec i called the 1-202-663-1225  option 1,0,0 for DOS.

Thx David.  I always appreciate your quick dd.

Susieq i will sit back and try to be patient.  But don't count on it. :lol:

187796[/snapback]

Your timeline looks good,and it's as fast and clear as mine:D Your SO will get her interview date very soon! All the best to you!

Alec,

Again I don't have a positive answer to your Question but *I think* that DOS statesides would get feedback from GUZ for a DCF. Also are you aware of the pay for service number IN CHINA? Like 54 RMB for 12 minutes.

187960[/snapback]

yeah, heard about that. Most people said it was a waste of time and money, but if they can answer my question about the status of Elf's P3/namecheck that'd be great. I guess I might as well give it a try eh?

• 5 months later...

I called DOS today and asked the usual questions about our name check. The nice woman said she would contact her team leader and have another inquiry into why it's taking so long for our name check. What really pissed me off was that she doesn't expect a very prompt response because much of DOS resources are now assigned to the Lebanon crisis.

Well that's just F'n great. I told her that I also have a crisis. I'm apart from the woman I love and stuck in name check hell. She didn't have much to say about that but did agree to do what she can to find out what the hang up is.

In the mean time my fiance continues to say DOS is lying to us and she has no hope or reason to pray anymore. :lol:

I had a similar problem with our P3. It seemed to take forever. I was getting one answer from DOS and SO was getting another answer from GUZ. The first time I was told a background check was not requested but it wasn't unusual and may not be needed. The next time I was told the background check was completed but she still wasn't available for the P4. After several calls, I finally received the news I was waiting to hear. A interview date. Bottom line is DOS nor GUZ really knows what is going on within the consulate with your paperwork. However, DOS is more accurate than GUZ. Hang in there. You should be hearing the good news in a week or so. Just keep calling DOS.

I had a similar problem with our P3. It seemed to take forever. I was getting one answer from DOS and SO was getting another answer from GUZ. The first time I was told a background check was not requested but it wasn't unusual and may not be needed. The next time I was told the background check was completed but she still wasn't available for the P4. After several calls, I finally received the news I was waiting to hear. A interview date. Bottom line is DOS nor GUZ really knows what is going on within the consulate with your paperwork. However, DOS is more accurate than GUZ. Hang in there. You should be hearing the good news in a week or so. Just keep calling DOS.

233408[/snapback]

In a week or two? :o

I will tell my fiance 1 or 2 more weeks. She will have hope for now anyway. :rolleyes:

Edited by IluvmyLi (see edit history)

233408[/snapback]

I will tell my fiance 1 or 2 more weeks. She will have hope for now anyway. :P

233432[/snapback]

If you do not get it then ask your Congressman to begin a Congressional inquiry. They have more access to information.

233408[/snapback]

I will tell my fiance 1 or 2 more weeks. She will have hope for now anyway. :P

233432[/snapback]

If you do not get it then ask your Congressman to begin a Congressional inquiry. They have more access to information.

233466[/snapback]

I faxed my Congressman today with our case info. My Senators were absolutely no help at all so hopefully this will be a different outcome.