Calling Guangzhou

Hi all,

I went through several days of posts to see if anyone had a better number for reaching someone in Guangzhou. My fiance has been calling the number that is on the Embassy website, (86-20) 8121-8000, and she only receives a recording. Does anyone have a better number to try? Thanks for your help.

Don

what if CA wants to reach him for emergency? a direct line or sth.?

I'm sure he would return a voice mail from CA... But not from us it appears..

Direct number is that ext... You can call still the -8000 and ask for the ext.. but you'll likely get the machine.... And I can't see them "paging" him in the building..

You might want to try one of his officer instead,.

You will not get directly through to Adams. While we were there he would glance to see what the incoming number was and ignored most of them. He even commented that he couldn't answer the phone for most of them or he would never get any work done. Probably true. He took a couple of calls while we were there and carried on fluent Mandarian conversations with staff.

I am sure everyone has been instructed to do the same nowdays. The only hope on the phone is through the information number as even the secretaries are bulldogs about not letting calls through now. There you have to convince them that you legitimately have an important matter and that you must talk to someone with better English language skills than them. I have done it, but it required my sternest, I am in charge, voice and attitude.

You will not get directly through to Adams.  While we were there he would glance to see what the incoming number was and ignored most of them.  He even commented that he couldn't answer the phone for most of them or he would never get any work done.  Probably true.  He took a couple of calls while we were there and carried on fluent Mandarian conversations with staff.  

I am sure everyone has been instructed to do the same nowdays.  The only hope on the phone is through the information number as even the secretaries are bulldogs about not letting calls through now.  There you have to convince them that you legitimately have an important matter and that you must talk to someone with better English language skills than them.  I have done it, but it required my sternest, I am in charge, voice and attitude.

I bet the poor operator was scared. Joking.