Please Explain p1,p2,p3,p4

Will someone please explain what p1,p2, p3, and p4 are. I'm not there yet and I'm sure that many who have not reached that point would appreciate having it explained. Thanks

OK - I'll give it a start!

P1 and P2 are actually letters that your processinig service center will mail you.

P1 is the receipt they mail to acknowledge your case.

P2 is an annoucement that they (USCIS) have finished processing and will forward it to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC).

When they complete, it is forwarded to her consulate (all Chinese applications go to Guangzhou). They will mail her a packet of information, including forms she will fill out and mail in.

P4 is the information packet including the interview date, more forms, and medical exam information.

Check FAQ's for more information, or maybe someone will chime in here with some details.

Guest pushbrk

P1 and P2 are actually letters that your processinig service center will mail you.

P2 is an annoucement that they (USCIS) have finished processing and will forward it to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC).

When they complete, it is forwarded to her consulate (all Chinese applications go to Guangzhou). They will mail her a packet of information, including forms she will fill out and mail in.

P4 is the information packet including the interview date, more forms, and medical exam information.

Check FAQ's for more information, or maybe someone will chime in here with some details.

186938[/snapback]

p1 and p2 are more commonly referred to as NOA1 and NOA2 here and in timelines. Please look up the abbreviation list for the site.

186938[/snapback]

Thank you all so much for the information. I've got a long way to go. I can't send in my I-129 because I'm waiting for my SO to send me her passport pictures. That is my holdup now.