Current CSC members please check in

Hello,

Yet another update to the California Service Center processing date for K1 visas shows no change in ther date AGAIN, not even one day! Can my fellow members that are still pre-NOA2 at CSC let us all know if that is true??? Has anyone that filed after September 18, 2004 even gotten a 'touch'? That is the 30 day-out for the current October 18 processing date, which has been in effect for quite a while now!

-James

"I'm a wishing and a hoping...."

"That'll be the day when...."

"oh wait a minute please Mr. Postman....."

"oh where oh where is my...."

"Yesterday all my dreams seem...."

"We are just dust in the wind...."

Anyway, James these are just some of the appropiate song lyrics that I have been singing. However, I added and change a few words to them to fit the waiting. So, nope is my answer. Can ya come up with some more lyrics.

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)

James, I wouldn't worry too much about those published processing dates. As many here have said we think they are often skewed by a few out of sync cases.

The touches give a better indication, I think. Our case was touched a few days in a row when it came in, then it sat for a few weeks, then touched again and approved.

James, I wouldn't worry too much about those published processing dates.  As many here have said we think they are often skewed by a few out of sync cases.

The touches give a better indication, I think.  Our case was touched a few days in a row when it came in, then it sat for a few weeks, then touched again and approved.

186089[/snapback]

Jim,

The dates are a concern because both Richard and I have ZERO touches since NOA1. So, I was just asking for other members to confirm that CSC is REALLY still working on K visas and not all those investigations in Orange County (MY County) here.

-James

James, I wouldn't worry too much about those published processing dates.  As many here have said we think they are often skewed by a few out of sync cases.

The touches give a better indication, I think.  Our case was touched a few days in a row when it came in, then it sat for a few weeks, then touched again and approved.

186089[/snapback]

Jim,

The dates are a concern because both Richard and I have ZERO touches since NOA1. So, I was just asking for other members to confirm that CSC is REALLY still working on K visas and not all those investigations in Orange County (MY County) here.

-James

186098[/snapback]

James, I went through CSC in 7.5 months and it was a long time. I would not worry about any FBI investigation slowing up your petition. They process applications every day. I know someone who works at CSC and they don't stop because of an investigation. An investigation from a security agency can run on and on for years and I feel they don't stop everything just because a "breakthrough" of arrests after years finally came down. These arrests come into the public spotlight every now and then but the average honest person seems to be just FINE.

You are honest and genuine and I wouldn't worry if they don't update their website as often as they should. You are still pretty early in this long long process.

Best of luck, keep the faith!

Larry

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)
James,

Said it in another thread but I recommend that you look at the SPECIFIC Forum for your service center (i.e., CSC or MSC forums) at visajourney.com. This was how I knew what dates were actually being worked. The USCIS reported dates are often out of date even when FIRST posted and/or not really reflective of the CURRENT processsing curves.

186110[/snapback]

Richard...I took a look at visajourney site. I just saw average days between NOA1 & 2. I believe for CSC it was stating 58 days. But, as James states, the touches on our files have been zero. Should we be concern?

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)
Hello,

Yet another update to the California Service Center processing date for K1 visas shows no change in ther date AGAIN, not even one day!  Can my fellow members that are still pre-NOA2 at CSC let us all know if that is true???  Has anyone that filed after September 18, 2004 even gotten a 'touch'?  That is the 30 day-out for the current October 18 processing date, which has been in effect for quite a while now!

-James

186080[/snapback]

My 130 is at CSC and the dates haven't moved much there either. I am confident we're going to be proceeding as a K-3, since MSC moved things right along, as my NOA1 date on my 129F there is after yours, and we're sitting in customs in GZ somewhere.

CSC seems to have been a victim of lots of vacation time, etc. At least that's my conjecture.

Edited by mercator (see edit history)
Hello,

Some research at VisaJourney shows there has been a perceived problem (see 'CSC out of gas') but they have started issuing NOA2's from Oct 27 or maybe a little later.  I am November 16....

-James

186116[/snapback]

James,

I never even saw a 'touched' on our application (see timeline below). Then out of the blue comes email of the NOA2 168 days later.

I really do know exactly how you feel, I looked everywhere and had fits over the Black Hole that CSC seems to be.

Hello,

Some research at VisaJourney shows there has been a perceived problem (see 'CSC out of gas') but they have started issuing NOA2's from Oct 27 or maybe a little later.  I am November 16....

-James

186116[/snapback]

James,

I never even saw a 'touched' on our application (see timeline below). Then out of the blue comes email of the NOA2 168 days later.

I really do know exactly how you feel, I looked everywhere and had fits over the Black Hole that CSC seems to be.

186166[/snapback]

Well, based on that I guess my 130 NOA2 will be sent about the time I am in China (late March/early April). LOL

I still don't suspect it will override my K-3, but who knows...

Edited by mercator (see edit history)
Hello,

-James

186116[/snapback]

James,

186166[/snapback]

Well, based on that I guess my 130 NOA2 will be sent about the time I am in China (late March/early April). LOL

I still don't suspect it will override my K-3, but who knows...

186168[/snapback]

I hired a lawyer to do the filing (Fear of Forms Syndrome on my part). At that time she said that K3s were taking longer than the CR1s. So I never filed the K3.

In the meantime, in another part of the forest, the K3s appear to have picked up. Hindsight being 20/20... I wish I'd filed the K3. Right now, we're waiting on the P4.

Concerning the timelines and the movement of on a filing, I remember the website saying a particular date was being worked and I had already received a response from them. I knew then they were not to be taken seriously in regards to a certain date is being worked. I had always heard K-3 visa would come before the other. Something to keep in mind though, with the CR-1 you get a green card and ss immediately. I can’t change what I have done but having the green card and ss in hand sure sounds nice.

It looks like they are moving again...

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...p7=All&dfile=No

186236[/snapback]

Hi,

Thanks for that link and the way it is sorted. Yes, it looks like the average CSC time lately is about 110 days, so we are just about halfway there.

-James