do they call the employer? so many questions :)

Hi,

My SO works for an employer that I prefer not to name here that might give her much trouble if they ear that she is moving to America.

From what I know guangzhou does not actually contact the employer. they only ask for the name and dates, neither phone nor address.

So I am asking, do they use it just for backgroung check or do they contact the employer ?

I know of no evidence that the US Government has any contact with the PRC Government regarding these visas. Nor do I know of any evidence that they proactively contact busineses, other people, etc. in China.

I think it's all pretty much all internal USG sources and the "feel" by the VO that everything is OK or something fishy is going on.

I doubt in the grand scheme of things that the beneficiary employment history is all that important, except save as a check against the background check - is this the right Chen Li, etc. Maybe also catch the dumb fraudsters who were padding their resume's? I assume this since most of the work history the beneficiary has is going to be irrelevant here in the states anyway.

The petitioner, however, their work history / employment is key since they have to support this beneficiary until they can work on their own...

occasionally the consulate called the beneficiary's employer to confirm if they knew the beneficiary's marital status. if the beneficiary works for a state-own business, his/her employer must keep record of their employee's marital status.

186149[/snapback]

My wife gave them her Personnel Office phone number. That was just in case they needed to verify employment or marital status. As far as we know there was never any contact.