Deadline to apply for AOS?

Is there a deadline to apply for AOS (mail in papers)? My wife is here on K1 visa, and arrived on 11/24/2005. We married on 12/19/2005. I have yet to file the papers. Is there a deadline? I still have to get certified copy of my marriage license and fill out the rest of the forms.

Thanks.

Is there a deadline to apply for AOS (mail in papers)? My wife is here on K1 visa, and arrived on 11/24/2005. We married on 12/19/2005. I have yet to file the papers. Is there a deadline? I still have to get certified copy of my marriage license and fill out the rest of the forms.

Thanks.

185902[/snapback]

Hi. We filed 100 days after she entered the US.

As long as you get married within the 90 days, you should be o.k.

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)

We are in the same boat... married, happy and still waiting for the Gov't to send us the documents in due process.

We are ready to file... only need to get the cashiers check and send the packet Fed-Ex to the Chicago address.

By the way... we also married on the 19th and I echo Don in his advice on not to wait...

Good luck

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't want to hold off too long, just that I have to get my marriage license copy, and then fill out all the forms. I haven't started the forms yet, seem so much. But yeah, just wanted to make sure there is no deadline. She recently got her vaccinations as well. All is going in order. Will try to get this out within a week or so... and not too much longer.

Personally, I would not wait beyond 180 days after the date on the I-94. There has always been a concern on my part that after I-94 date passes, the alien begins to accrue "ununlawful presence" in the US until such time as the I-485 is filed. This may have an impact on the ability to obtain advance parole and/or return to the US on advance parole.

Maybe I'm being too cautious. :lol: