NWA airfare sales to Asia

They are selling them as one ways (which is GREAT if your SO is incoming), but some of these rates are pretty good. My ticket would be 847 round trip, which competes very well with some of the travel sites posted on CFL before, and this is direct from the airline ( = e-tickets!!!)

Here are some they posted (remember its EACH WAY):

Atlanta - Beijing $365

San Francisco - Shanghai $375

New York City - Guangzhou $375

Minneapolis/St. Paul - Guangzhou $403

Minneapolis/St. Paul - Shanghai $455

Link

750 RT from NYC to GZ seems like it is a pretty great fare, and one LONGGGGGG flight!

Edited by mercator (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

There are some great fares showing up right now. I am leaving next week for Hong Kong and thought I'd got a great fare through Continental from Orlando for $893.00, after taxes and fees. I later saw a post from ThomasPromise about Paciasia.com and checked with them. They had the same airline, same time, etc. for $710.00, including taxes and fees. Unfortunately I was too late the change....

http://www.paciasia.com/

I would like to just throw this into the mix. I could not go back to China when Ling got her visa so I was looking for prices of flights for her to come to here. Buying a round trip ticket here was cheaper than 1 way being bought from China. I thought…..I will just send her the ticket. United said I could not do that. Price fixing or some phrase like that was used as a way to explain. I ended up buying in China for $775. 1 way.

Price fixing or some phrase like that was used as a way to explain. I ended up buying in China for $775. 1 way.

183925[/snapback]

Price fixing???

Isn't that illegal under the Sherman Act?

183948[/snapback]

Yep.

But Sherman may get fuzzy when you cross international borders? United's parent company is an american company though...

uschinatrip.com still seems to be the better deal for me. 896 (with tax) versus 814 on uschinatrip.com

This site was vouched for by donahso as I recall. Anyone else have good luck with them? $80 is $80 (or 650RMB), and I'll save that much when I can, so long as they are reliable.

NWA.com offers me a fare of 896 total cost

uschinatrip.com offers me a fare of 814 total cost

sorry for the confusion

Can you post up a link to those 20 questions to determine whether we should AOS in the states, or go back to GUZ for the CR-1?

Guest ShaQuaNew
Thanks for clarification Merc, Hopefully will be shopping soon for wife to go to Step daughters P-4/interview.

Posted link on my PRIOR thread about the AOS vs Re-interview situation. Richard

184185[/snapback]

I just booked my flight with continental, who at that time was the cheapest. Later, another member posted a link to http://www.paciasia.com/. I checked the fare with them and it was $200 cheaper for the same flight and itinerary I had booked through continental.com.

I spoke with these people on the phone and verified that they are real, with true fares. I could not cancel my flight and rebook with them however without penalty. I am now paying, $893 from Orlando to Hong Kong. If I'd used http://www.paciasia.com/ it would have been $710.

Guest ShaQuaNew
pacasia was the highest of the three for me.  They wanted about 1083 with taxes.

I guess that's why we compare! :rolleyes:

184271[/snapback]

Yes, indeed it is. Unfortunately, I lost on that one.....

750 RT from NYC to GZ seems like it is a pretty great fare, and one LONGGGGGG flight!183902[/snapback]

I don't believe NWA has any direct flights from North America to China. NYC to GZ would be at least three flights on NWA with a stop in either Detroit/Minneapolis and a stop in Tokyo.

184284[/snapback]

Yes I have three legs too. A short hop to Portland, OR, then a hop to Tokyo, and then GZ. About 18-20 hours total, depending on which way I am going.

special deal on mileage plus from United ...... from usa to beijing or shanghai only 45,000 miles.....