The calling card company I use now tells me that they will provide a log of the phone numbers but without the Last Four Digits.  For privacy concerns.  Who's? Mine?  I made the bloody calls.

182871[/snapback]

Isn't that thoughtful of them?.....lol

182878[/snapback]

They think they are protecting us, but I tell you, it is like the credit card reciepts....they make life miserable for me.......they only show the last 4 #'s, and when I see the receipts I think, hmmmm, I wonder whos this is? And why do I have it? :blink:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The calling card company I use now tells me that they will provide a log of the phone numbers but without the Last Four Digits.  For privacy concerns.  Who's? Mine?  I made the bloody calls.

182871[/snapback]

182878[/snapback]

Yeah, well, it's going to have to suffice if the GUZ wants to see it. They can make the wild assumption that the last 4 digits match to the wife's home, cell and work place. Not absolute proof, but reasonable proof. :blink:

Yeah, well, it's going to have to suffice if the GUZ wants to see it. They can make the wild assumption that the last 4 digits match to the wife's home, cell and work place. Not absolute proof, but reasonable proof. :blink:

182885[/snapback]

When Mei and I went through that part of the process I just sent them the receipts for the purchases. They didn't say anything about specific numbers that I know of. Then again, they did manage to come up with more hoops for us to jump through...lol

Also, is it allright to use a highlighter to highlight the phone number on the records or would any of you advise against this?  My phone records are quite extensive and I would just like to my calls to China to stand out.

182893[/snapback]

Personally, unless I hear otherwise, I intend to do just that, highlight all the calls

Also, is it allright to use a highlighter to highlight the phone number on the records or would any of you advise against this?  My phone records are quite extensive and I would just like to my calls to China to stand out.

182893[/snapback]

Personally, unless I hear otherwise, I intend to do just that, highlight all the calls

182894[/snapback]

I'm going to write out all of her numbers on the listing, let them figure it out.

Guest pushbrk

182871[/snapback]

182878[/snapback]

They think they are protecting us, but I tell you, it is like the credit card reciepts....they make life miserable for me.......they only show the last 4 #'s, and when I see the receipts I think, hmmmm, I wonder whos this is? And why do I have it? :o

182884[/snapback]

Before the law requiring the customer's receipt to show only the last four digits of their card number, your name, full card number and expiration date were shown. In the event you lost or discarded but did not destroy the receipt and it fell into a stranger's hands, would you prefer they have all the necessary information to use your card? :o

And to think that once upon a time one could become an American citizen simply by saying; "I DO". (to an American citizen of course!)Those were the days.........

182897[/snapback]

Yeah, and the fraud that took place was rampant. That's why it's such a Pain in the @$$ now to get one's new family here now.

The calling card company I use now tells me that they will provide a log of the phone numbers but without the Last Four Digits.?For privacy concerns.?Who's? Mine??I made the bloody calls.

182871[/snapback]

182878[/snapback]

They think they are protecting us, but I tell you, it is like the credit card reciepts....they make life miserable for me.......they only show the last 4 #'s, and when I see the receipts I think, hmmmm, I wonder whos this is? And why do I have it? :o

182884[/snapback]

Before the law requiring the customer's receipt to show only the last four digits of their card number, your name, full card number and expiration date were shown. In the event you lost or discarded but did not destroy the receipt and it fell into a stranger's hands, would you prefer they have all the necessary information to use your card? :o

182896[/snapback]

Of course, you know I was only kidding.

I know why they only show the last 4....but something interesting I saw today here in Shanghai is the opposite...........I used an ATM here and the receipt showed ALL the numbers of the credit card, EXCEPT for the last 4.

America is usually xxxx xxxx xxxx 5432

The receipt here was 1234 5678 9876 xxxx

If you are past the initial application stage, GUZ already has the documents proving your relationship you initially submitted. I recommend you focus on teaching your SO what the various documents are that you are taking for the interview and overcome purposes.

You SO will likely only be asked a few questions at a sucessful interview. If you are RFE'd (see the FAQ for what the choices are) and, you are not there, then your SO needs to know what is what far more than the VO does.

At the interview your SO will be very nervous and will likely 'go blank' when asked a curve ball question like "Where is your ....." but said in a way she did not hear before. Let her hear the names, acronyms, and slang for all the documents several times.

I started this topic based on the fact that ours is a difficult case and it has been going on for over two years now. Based on the length of time that I have been calling to Guangzhou I've used up my share of calling cards.....lol

I used to us; uniontelecard.com but they went away from local access numbers and then started going up on their rates. The site I listed in the first post of this topic seems to be doing well enough so far. I wonder how long

At the interview your SO will be very nervous and will likely 'go blank' when asked a curve ball question like "Where is your ....." but said in a way she did not hear before.  Let her hear the names, acronyms, and slang for all the documents several times.

182953[/snapback]

Of all the things we have talked about for the interview, this is the one thing my gut keeps telling me to focus on..........hearing what exactly that VO is saying to her..............

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)
At the interview your SO will be very nervous and will likely 'go blank' when asked a curve ball question like "Where is your ....." but said in a way she did not hear before.  Let her hear the names, acronyms, and slang for all the documents several times.

182953[/snapback]

Of all the things we have talked about for the interview, this is the one thing my gut keeps telling me to focus on..........hearing what exactly that VO is saying to her..............

182964[/snapback]

Agreed!

Getting back to phone cards, we use sinocalling.com.

Rates are 2 cents to China and a penny a minute to anywhere else in the US. You can print a record of your calls and there are no other hidden charges. You can also program 3 phone numbers into their system so you will have pinless dialing. There are also 866 numbers if you are away from home. The calls are as clean as calling next door and we have never gotten a busy signal yet!