Big day today

It seems that 1200 clearences finally are out of the GZ door. 3 EMS a day, wow...

But I guess it is sort a bad news for the rest of us, if there is no EMS for next week, it probabely means we are not in this 1200. Sigh...

Here is a big favor I am asking from you guys who have a CA insider connection: would you please find out if the clearences are still constantly coming in after that big batch?

Let us know and give us some hope.

I thank you for your help.

Ju

Guest hopeful

I agree with you, Juz. The massive (well, massive comparing to what we had seen in the past) arrivals of EMS is definitely a good sign that things are moving, but at the same time, they just made us who still don't have good news of any kind more anxious.... when will the next wave come? what is different between our cases and those that have been cleared since all were resubmitted around the same time...

and connecting this to a previous post about "an agency putting a hold on a specific case", does it mean that those who are not cleared with this wave all created some kind of "a hit" during the clearance process? and if so, how long would it take for the agency to bring the case to a final conclusion? I guess some of these questions nobody can answer, but it would be really great if those who are all ready in the door with somebody in CA (A.S. for instance) could try to get some answers. I believe that anyone who has been through this process can understand the anxiety and confusion caused by the lack of information, so any news you can get and share will be greatly appreciated.

Juz also keep in mind that there is still no way of knowing even if your case has been cleared yet. SOme people found out just a few days ago that they had been cleared weeks before.

Its a chaotic mess, but it's starting clear up...

I received on clarification on that specific case thingy. It is just as I thought, they are only refering to the blackhole;

"Unfortunately, there is not much more that we can tell you about the status

of Ms. X's clearance. The required clearance cannot be issued until an

interagency process has been completed. Occasionally, one or another of the

agencies involved in this process informs us that it needs more time to

reach a decision on an individual case. This is known as "placing a hold"

on the case. We do not know why a hold was put on Ms. X's case, but we

can tell you that other cases are also on hold. "

I hope that is just their way of saying still pending...

Adams at GZ had told Mick and Owen on 2/10 that he had 1200 clearances/cases waiting when he returned from the new year holiday.

DOS stated that more were sent 2/11 and 2/12 (our time), and i'm pretty sure Adams verifified that information in an e-mail later that week. i think they were hit with a few thousand that week alone. others have been sent since.

these cases include fiance, spouse, and family visas - no group has been excluded. they also seem to include virtually everybody currently waiting - regardless of application and interview dates (july, january, no difference).

i think because there are SO many, it has made it more difficult to get info from the consulate. it would appear they are focusing more on PROSESSING than providing information. they are not answering e-mails, or even the phone from what i can tell - but that's a GOOD thing!

let them pump out the visas instead of answering the phone and looking up individual cases all day!

(gads, i sound like an optimist)

Guest hopeful

For those who already heard about their clearance from some source, probably there's no need to try to verify the news with GZ, at least for a week or two, to give GZ enough time to process the visa.

However, it is definitely true that if you've heard about "a hold" on your case, then there's no hope that an EMS will be delivered to surprise you -- and I think same as we have pushed for the name checks before, we should also push for an answer for the "on holding" cases -- even if there is a hold on a case, it shouldn't take too long (months, for instance) to process it to a conclusion.

Thanks a lot for the information...

I guess what I am trying to say is as long as the clearence keeps coming out, we can be optimistic. It may be out of order, but it should be out soon. I just wish we can be sure of this.

That "put on hold" response freaks me out too. It takes them over 6 months "working very hard try to solve the problem" to get this thing started, what do you think "your case been put on hold" gonna take? (really not a question, and I don't want an answer right now)

Thanks again.

Ju

I also hope you are right and I am wondering what happen to all of us who were resubmitted on Jan.4th. I don't see too many of us getting our visas.

We are also resub on Jan 4. We just keep hoping. I am going to try and rattle some cages Wednesday. It is nice that some are getting notices and visas, but I have been patient for the last 2 weeks. Time to get back to task now.