We win the lottery

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATULATIONS and BEST WISHES to both of you.   

Mick, your next.  ;)  :blink:  :huh:

Thank you whx. I sure hope so. But actually, I don't expect much for awhile as I am uncertain that my case is even back in GZ yet. I will, however, keep the faith. :unsure:

OK, here is a strange one that I did not notice and that the wife asked about this morning. 

The date line on the pick-up notice is January 8.

WTF!!!!????

That's over a month before we met with Adams! Yet your case did not show as cleared when we met with him, yet the pick up notice had already been printed. What do you make of this Owen. Whatever it is, it don't sound good????!! :unsure: ;) :blink:

Thinking about it, maybe they print out the sheet and file it at the time the submit the name or the security clearance?  That would be pretty close to the January 10th date that they said her name was sent to the FBI.

:lol:  :)  :o

Could be Owen. I hope so. Otherwise it signifies massive internal failure of communication within the Consulate itself. B) :P

I have a question to ask u, I will appreciate if anyone can help me.  My husband applied CR1 for me in Jan.2001.  And so far I have been married over 2 years and still waiting for my visa.  Will my CR1 visa be changed to IR1?  The GZ embassy will change it by the time I go to pick up my visa?  Do I need call them to ask them to change my CR1 to IR1?  Or the time when I enter the US custom I should ask the VO in the custom?

Stella, you don't need to do anything as of this moment. Your CR1 is a conditional green card. Just take whatever GZ give you and get one the plane!!! Once you are here and you pass your 2nd Anni of your marriage, you need to file a form -- forget the # to removal the conitional status. go on ins web, they have all forms ready to download. After you have been a legal resident in US for 3 years with your current husband, you are eligible to apply for citizenship. Hope this answers your question

Thanks Charlotte!! My 2nd Anni has already passed last Nov in China. That is why make me think about my CR1 should be changed to IR1.

Contestent Wang Chunxia, come on down!!!

We won the lottery!  The letter was indeed the EMS from GZ.  A good thing it was sent EMS as our niece had sent us a Christmas/New Years card from Xiamen on December 29th by regular mail and it just arrived today.

Something that I noticed.  They had assigned her another case number that was different from the GUZ number.  Possibly that is why some of the information line people are not seeing the clearances.  They input the GUZ number but the case is under another case number.

The actual visa number is listed also, so it looks to me like they are printing the visas out prior to sending the letters.  Therefore the drop off the passport and come back routine is so they can find the actual visa in the files and attach it.

Congrats, can you more specify what you said that they had assigned her another case number and they input the GUZ number but the case is under another case number.

If we want to call DOS/GZ, how can we know we had been assigned a different number or not?

ST

:rolleyes:

Afraid I can't help much more.  I don't know either.  There was a "Visa number" eight digits long and a "Case Number" eight digits long both different from the GUZ number that you are asked for when you check on the status of a case.

Three numbers??? :blink: :blink: :lol:

More chances for those phone line people to get scrambled brains. It's already confusing enough. :rolleyes:

Well, it is absolutely official now. My wife is home and I have had the chance to check out her visa paper. Everything is correct including that they issued the IR-1 as they were supposed to.

She is still bouncing off the walls. She told me that she has not slept since she got it. Kept taking it out to look at it to make sure it was real.

The shopping trip was not too dehabilitating as it turns out. Still, how in the heck does she think she is going to get all this stuff on the plane? Where is that guy's card? How much was that dog sled service to Alaska?

Well, it is absolutely official now.  My wife is home and I have had the chance to check out her visa paper.  Everything is correct including that they issued the IR-1 as they were supposed to.

She is still bouncing off the walls.  She told me that she has not slept since she got it.  Kept taking it out to look at it to make sure it was real.

The shopping trip was not too dehabilitating as it turns out.  Still, how in the heck does she think she is going to get all this stuff on the plane?  Where is that guy's card?  How much was that dog sled service to Alaska?

First of all, good to hear she is back Owen and didn't break the bank. I imagine it is nice to see that visa with your own eyes as well.

Now to our upcoming trip to GZ. When I got back from class this morning, Li was busy measuring our suit cases. I thought, "How sweet, she already is concerned that we have luggage that is in compliance with the airline restrictions". After finishing her measurements and calculations, she quickly broke my reverie by proclaiming:

"Guess what? We can buy new one's in GZ because these are too small."

:( :o :o

Further, she has already informed me that she would prefer to go shopping on Sunday with friends rather than me because she "knows I hate shopping and doesn't want to tire me out". She suggested I could visit the Six Banyans Temple, one of my favorite haunts in GZ, while they shopped. May not be a bad idea actually. I could station myself among the beggars out front. :D :D :P