we are a k-3 When does she do ds-230 part a?

Not sure when, or if she has to fill out form ds-230 part II.

177954[/snapback]

Now sir! Now!

Yin (my wife) or I filled out paperwork immediately when we received it. And I mean within 4 to 8 hours of receipt!

Do NOT screw around! You have many, many other worries! Paperwork should not be one of the worries. The greatest problem with the paperwork is the "attention to detail!" IMHO, If you have done your homework, this should not be a problem!

The greatest amount of time that you spend, should be spent in the areas when small potential RFE problems can occur! This will take future foresight on both of your parts,beiung a proverbial skeptic (expect, the unexpected!), reading many, many other postings where problems have occured and eliminating these problems before your SO arrives in GUZ!

Remember the time-worn military adage of the six P's?

Prior Planning, Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

177954[/snapback]

Now sir! Now!

Yin (my wife) or I filled out paperwork immediately when we received it. And I mean within 4 to 8 hours of receipt!

Do NOT screw around! You have many, many other worries! Paperwork should not be one of the worries. The greatest problem with the paperwork is the "attention to detail!" IMHO, If you have done your homework, this should not be a problem!

The greatest amount of time that you spend, should be spent in the areas when small potential RFE problems can occur! This will take future foresight on both of your parts,beiung a proverbial skeptic (expect, the unexpected!), reading many, many other postings where problems have occured and eliminating these problems before your SO arrives in GUZ!

177955[/snapback]

Shit the 6 p's.....

Am i that person?

Or should i not worry because GZ did not send the ds-230 part II to her.

I have read both,, she need to fill it out, and she does not need it.

She thinks that since GZ did not give it to her in P3 that she does not need it.. IS she right?

So, for i am not but maby i am.

She does not go for her interview for a while, but she is getting her medical now

177954[/snapback]

Now sir! Now!

177955[/snapback]

Shit the 6 p's.....

Am i that person?

She thinks that since GZ did not give it to her in P3 that she does not need it.. IS she right?

She does not go for her interview for a while, but she is getting her medical now

177956[/snapback]

Sterling,

I would suggest finding a hotel (w/business center), with PDF download capabilities. Go to visapro.com and have her fill the for out there. It is better to be safe than sorry. Ae you with her? Since she is doing her physical right now, I am only assuming that you are not!

I would suggest that you keep this posting. Remember the GUZ FAX telephone number? She might receive a "temporary" RFE, that can be handled by a simple FAX. I would suggest that you "bookmark" visapro.com for your use.

177954[/snapback]

Now sir! Now!

177955[/snapback]

Shit the 6 p's.....

Am i that person?

177956[/snapback]

Sterling,

I would suggest finding a hotel (w/business center), with PDF download capabilities. Go to visapro.com and have her fill the for out there. It is better to be safe than sorry. Ae you with her? Since she is doing her physical right now, I am only assuming that you are not!

I would suggest that you keep this posting. Remember the GUZ FAX telephone number? She might receive a "temporary" RFE, that can be handled by a simple FAX. I would suggest that you "bookmark" visapro.com for your use.

177959[/snapback]

So she needs the ds-230 part II?

or are we just getting this for "just in case" because we dont really know?

177954[/snapback]

Now sir! Now!

177955[/snapback]

Shit the 6 p's.....

Am i that person?

177956[/snapback]

Sterling,

177959[/snapback]

So she needs the ds-230 part II?

or are we just getting this for "just in case" because we dont really know?

177963[/snapback]

Sterling,

I did both! I had everything ready and prepared for any eventuallity! I have a time-line of 5 months, 6 days for a k-3 Visa. The shortest on this board!

As is commonly quoted in Thailand; "Up to you!"

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but DS-230 Part II is not needed for K-3K-3 is a non immigrant visa, and the actual visa application is the DS-156 and DS-157 (supplemental form).  The DS-230 Part I is used only to provide biographical information.  Part II is not used.

177968[/snapback]

You are correct!!

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but DS-230 Part II is not needed for K-3K-3 is a non immigrant visa, and the actual visa application is the DS-156 and DS-157 (supplemental form).  The DS-230 Part I is used only to provide biographical information.  Part II is not used.

177968[/snapback]

You are correct!!

177971[/snapback]

Guys,

DS230 Part 2 is used.

You get it with your P4 package.

In Part 2, your SO needs to sign

a statement of truth in front of the

consular officer during the interview.

She can fill in the rest of Part 2 but

don't *sign* the form until she gets

interviewed.

Are you dealing with the NVC - NH? You may be CR-1. Your K-3 turns to CR-1 with approval of your I-130. Your DS-230 part a is completed with the "P3" of your CR-1 process. See the links in my signature. They give a clear breakdown of how the K-3/CR-1 process works.

DS-230 Part 2 is completed w/ your "P4".

Good luck, it's not easy.

My understanding is:

K1 & K3 = DS-230 part I (returned at P3) ; (NO part II)

CR1 = DS-230 part I at NVC round robin

CR1 = DS-230 part II at interview

---

At P4, I also understood that K3 only gets the interview letter...

177993[/snapback]

I want to clarify the CR1 issue in regards to the part II:

CR1 = DS-230 part II received with P4;

Bring to Medical exam (filled in but unsigned) and it will be sealed in medical envelope... .

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)