AOS Interview

The AOS interview is scheduled for February 6, 2006. I don't find the sealed medical exam from Guangzhou. I don't remember but my wife says this was taken at the POE. Has anyone else had this taken at the POE?

The notice to appear states that we are to bring an original and a copy of every supporting document that was submitted with the application. Some of the original documents were initially submitted. Does this mean I need to get a new original of those documents? Which wouldn't be originals.

Did anyone take proof of relationship documents such as the suggested:

car insurance and car title with her name on it (even though she's not driving), house deed, utility bills (she's not working, why make her a debtor?)

She's on the checking and savings accounts, has two credit cards, health insurance, tax returns, life insurance beneficiary, many photos spanning two years, mail addressed to her, letters from friends acknowledging we are a married couple.

Does anyone have a feel for how much (or little) they expect?

She had the bathroom sink in Guangzhou. Since we've been together I haven't even thought about documenting squat. We jettisoned the phone records in China after the interview, tossed many miscellaneous receipts, left the emails at her parents home.

I appreciate any feedback from those of you that have already been through the AOS process.

I don't know what State you are living in, but you need to get this Civil Service Medical in the works now. We had to wait one month for a date to come available with the Civil Surgeon in our area.

If he is not satisfied with your wifes innoculation record, and more are required, you may be looking at more time.

December is essentially over, leaving you about one month to jump some hurdles.

Also, if your wifes English is not good, you need to take a translator (that means a human, not a computer) with you as the husband is not allowed to translate for the wife. The translator is not allowed to be a family member.

This is an issue I'm also worried about. Since my husband can't work yet, we are living with my mom. That means we have almost nothing in both our names except our bank account. We also have to make time to get him on the cell phone account- he didn't have a SSN when we got our phones so he couldn't be put on then.

I really hope this will be enough!

I also was curious about this so I followed the link that tony posted above:

Q. What should be brought to the AOS interview?

A.

They sent us notice of AOS interview and the form letter said to bring the I-864 and birth certs and marriage certs and W2s and tax returnes etc etc etc. I called UCIS and asked them if this was correct that i have to bring all the things to Memphis for the I-485 interview that I had jsut sent to Memphis for the I-485 interview-yup I do.

A.

I brought all that stuff to my AOS interview and the lady asked me what I brought it for. They only wonted to see me drivers license.

As David used to say- 'be safe, bring it all with you.' Afterall, it's not so heavy.

She's on the checking and savings accounts, has two credit cards, health insurance, tax returns, life insurance beneficiary, many photos spanning two years, mail addressed to her, letters from friends acknowledging we are a married couple.

You should be fine. You have enough evidences. I had bank statements, health and dental statements and credit cards. The VO just asked for my driver license and my wife driver license. Both had different addresses but she still passed the interview.

..... Also, if your wifes English is not good, you need to take a translator (that means a human, not a computer) with you as the husband is not allowed to translate for the wife.  The translator is not allowed to be a family member.

176998[/snapback]

I know that is what they say, and take this with caution. My wifes English was rough and I went with her to the interview. They did fire off about 20 questions and I did translate for her infront of the immigration officer. There was no problem but I think we were lucky.