Unmarried Certificats

Uhh Hi, What do you think her end reward was? Why? She couldnt bring a husband here because you cant sponsor anyone until your a citizen.

Again, what is the payoff and how could she get past the interview requirement for unmarried documentation. Answer by PM if you dont want to say it out loud.

There are so many aspects of this that dont add up. Was she just stupid?

Hi Joseph,

I believe that even a permanent resident can sponsor others, especially a spouse, to come over. I was offered a nice sum of money not too long ago to marry an illegal alien here. Her husband was making the offer. They believed that if we were married for two years, that that would be enough.

I don't know if this is the law, but they believed it was.

Dave

It is certainly immoral and wrong. I think that for some it is just an "investment," in the same way that thousands go into virtual slavery in American restaurants for years in order to get here by ship. Once arriving, they then pay back up to 70k over ten years. If they don't, their families in China are at risk. Many are willing to risk great things for the American dream. Having to be married to an American may just be the cost of such a dream. :angry: :( :(

Do you guys believe there is real love between the husband and the wife? She tried to use PJ and her husband tries to use her up to get to his goals. It is a sick couple! They will get theirs. :angry:

I agree completely Littlebear. And by the way, greetings from Shantou. New semester begins tomorrow. :( :P :(

Do you guys believe there is real love between the husband and the wife? She tried to use PJ and her husband tries to use her up to get to his goals. It is a sick couple! They will get theirs. :angry:

I agree completely Littlebear. And by the way, greetings from Shantou. New semester begins tomorrow. :o ;) :D

Hi Mick! It seems that school starts one week later in Shantou. Have you heard of any positive news? Or will you finish teaching this semester anyway? Hopefully we can have some good news from GZ this week. :lol:

I agree completely Littlebear. And by the way, greetings from Shantou. New semester begins tomorrow. :o ;) :D

Hi Mick! It seems that school starts one week later in Shantou. Have you heard of any positive news? Or will you finish teaching this semester anyway? Hopefully we can have some good news from GZ this week. :lol:

No news to speak of. :D ;) :(

Will most likely finish the semester here. That makes four years for me in Shantou, plus one in Hefei. Li is also teaching here now as well. If we left mid-semester it would really put the university in a bind I suspect.

I agree completely Littlebear. And by the way, greetings from Shantou. New semester begins tomorrow. :o ;) ;)

No news to speak of. ;) :( :D

Will most likely finish the semester here. That makes four years for me in Shantou, plus one in Hefei. Li is also teaching here now as well. If we left mid-semester it would really put the university in a bind I suspect.

Yes, you are lucky, Mick, to go through all the waiting and B.S. process with the one you love! :D I'm sure it will be the bitter-sweet memory in the future.

All,

Well, to be honest, I did not want to delve into the negative past, but I did see a very legitimate question.

To answer it since I think it may be helpful to all of you: my fiancee was not "legally" married to this guy. At least this is what I was told by her family after the fact during the confrontations over the phone.

Although they called each other "husband" and "wife" and from what I could understand from their letters, planned to "be together in the future and would work toward that". As far as I am concerned, that constitutes "husband and wife", which is why I felt betrayed that she has a "husband" back home. Even if they are not legally married, I still felt betrayed just as much as if they were.

Also, even if she was, her single certificate was obtained close to a year ago. When she confessed to my father as he drove her to the airport, she admitted she met this guy "3-6 months ago". This was well after we got all her paperwork together, so even if she had been legally married to this guy, the certificate would not have reflected that.

P.J.