What service center did you submit through?

I'd actually state that if it was VSC, I personally feel that [2 months] was slow.. so I'd guess it was another one... and so more on 'normal' to a little quick...

The time through NVC looks normal... let's hope the rest is normal, which will make hopefully less than a year for your K3...

I would personally sit back and give it time to get to china and entered in the computer.. call DOS in about 6-8 weeks... You'll probably get the P3 in about two months; return it ASAP and then the name check occurs, and P4 is next...

You are moving along at blazing speed. You might get stuck in name check hell or you move right on through. There is no rhyme or reason to this process.

Don't boast too much about it or people like me who waited over a year and my buddies who waited over 2 years will find out where you live and throw you a NY blanket party. B) B)

P.S. For those that don't know, here's a little NYC cultural info:

a blanket party is where a bunch of guys sneak up behind someone, throw a blanket over their head and then give you a beating while you are trying to figure out what happened!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are moving along at blazing speed. You might get stuck in name check hell or you move right on through. There is no rhyme or reason to this process.

Don't boast too much about it or people like me who waited over a year and my buddies who waited over 2 years will find out where you live and throw you a NY blanket party. B)  B)

P.S.  For those that don't know, here's a little NYC cultural info:

a blanket party is where a bunch of guys sneak up behind someone, throw a blanket over their head and then give you a beating while you are trying to figure out what happened!!! :lol:  :lol:  B)

175520[/snapback]

It seems like is one or two parts of this process that give the blanket party. Just when you least expect it. I am glad you are happy at this point.

Larry :lol:

yes very fast. I am only a week behind you on the 129F to Chicago, but I still dont even have NOA1. My NOA1 for the 130 is the only acknowledgement from the gov't I have received. They did cash my check, though, for the 129F.

Good luck.

A friend of mine, his timeline on a K-3 was just about 7 months from application to her getting the visa. I wish you to have that kind of luck!

Merc

Hunter,

I didn't see any mention of your Affidavit of Support (form I-864 for CR1) or her Choice of Agent in your autosignature.  As far as I recall, those documents need to be processed at NVC before being transferred to Guangzhou, unless the processed has changed since this past Summer.

Jarrod

175625[/snapback]

Ok, firstly , I really didnt mean to write this post as a way to attack or say, look at me, i'm special. So exnay on the blanketpartynay ok? hehe

My understanding of the process is, NVC, GUZ then affidavit of support, and i'm thinking affidavit of support is used during interview is that correct? Anyway, I would presume that if the petition cleared NVC and was shipped to GUZ, then there should be no other steps I could have missed. Hey guys, thanks a ton. I got my ticket to fly back to China in Feb, Man i can hardly wait.

Hunter,

I didn't see any mention of your Affidavit of Support (form I-864 for CR1) or her Choice of Agent in your autosignature.  As far as I recall, those documents need to be processed at NVC before being transferred to Guangzhou, unless the processed has changed since this past Summer.

Jarrod

175625[/snapback]

Ok, firstly , I really didnt mean to write this post as a way to attack or say, look at me, i'm special. So exnay on the blanketpartynay ok? hehe

My understanding of the process is, NVC, GUZ then affidavit of support, and i'm thinking affidavit of support is used during interview is that correct? Anyway, I would presume that if the petition cleared NVC and was shipped to GUZ, then there should be no other steps I could have missed. Hey guys, thanks a ton. I got my ticket to fly back to China in Feb, Man i can hardly wait.

175635[/snapback]

Once it is at GUZ, your SO will get P3; Return these ASAP to get in the interview queue. Then name check. Then P4. She gets more paperwork and physical.

On your side, you go stir crazy waiting :D You might be in china for P3...

Once she get's close to P4, both sides should get their appropriate paperwork : On her side, certificiates translated; on your side Affidavit of support, employment letter, most recent taxes..

Hunter,

Jarrod

175625[/snapback]

175635[/snapback]

Once it is at GUZ, your SO will get P3; Return these ASAP to get in the interview queue. Then name check. Then P4. She gets more paperwork and physical.

On your side, you go stir crazy waiting :) You might be in china for P3...

Once she get's close to P4, both sides should get their appropriate paperwork : On her side, certificiates translated; on your side Affidavit of support, employment letter, most recent taxes..

175640[/snapback]

Ok, I got my employment letter today, I got the 02 w-2 that i kind of forgot to file, and kind of lost, hehe, I have 03's so I will file the 02's asap , then i'll have 02, 03 and 04 w-2s and copies of my taxes. I wonder, can I send copies of w-2s and such or should I send originals for it? My understanding for k-3 visa is I fill out the I-134. Anyway, I am going to china in Feburary, so I figure Ill just take it all with me and hand it to her when I get there. I couldnt forsee her getting P-4 and interview before Feb lol.

Hunter,

I didn't see any mention of your Affidavit of Support (form I-864 for CR1) or her Choice of Agent in your autosignature.?As far as I recall, those documents need to be processed at NVC before being transferred to Guangzhou, unless the processed has changed since this past Summer.

Jarrod

175625[/snapback]

175635[/snapback]

On your side, you go stir crazy waiting :) You might be in china for P3...

175640[/snapback]

Ok, I got my employment letter today, I got the 02 w-2 that i kind of forgot to file, and kind of lost, hehe, I have 03's so I will file the 02's asap , then i'll have 02, 03 and 04 w-2s and copies of my taxes. I wonder, can I send copies of w-2s and such or should I send originals for it? My understanding for k-3 visa is I fill out the I-134. Anyway, I am going to china in Feburary, so I figure Ill just take it all with me and hand it to her when I get there. I couldnt forsee her getting P-4 and interview before Feb lol.

175684[/snapback]

the W2s are really not needed; Just the I-134, employer letter, and most current filed tax return. To cover yourself, you might include two more years and copies of W2s as well.

Just make sure that the first two items are not older than six months. GUZ has been known to request more recent ones if they want.