Paroled from NVC

:blink:

I just got an email from one of Maura Harty's assistants. The namechecks are completed and our case should be on its way from

NVC to GUZ very soon.

I don't know what else to say.......I am speechless I guess.

It was Maura Harty who unlocked our case and we were at NVC for 383 days.

Thanks to everyone here at CFL for the kind words and thoughts over this more than a year of waiting.

Sincerely,

Li and Larry :clapping:

I had the same conclusion after 9 months...an eMail to Maura Harty with a quick response that it will be looked into and instantly my K-1 is forwarded to GuangZhou.

Is there a correlation there? Someone's desk comes under her scrutiny and the bright lights get things moving?

Phil

LIand LARRY and other interested CFLers:

Correct me if I am wrong...please...

The NVC located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire is an outsourced goverment unit..ie. it is a private company competing to perform services for the State Department of the United States Government.

Could look see requests from Maura Harty's office be the last thing that they want piling up when it comes time to renew; rebid; renegotiate the contract services?

Just a thought...

Phil

Very good news indeed Larry.  I suppose asking them to expedite your case seeing as how it was their delay would be out of the question.  Good luck my friend and I hope you have a speedy P-3/P-4

174144[/snapback]

Carl's right. Larry and Li deserve special consideration and they should be allowed to bump ahead of the line. Their case has obviously been grossly mismanaged and neglected for some time.

Without any delay to Larry and Li, USCIS should open an internal investigation as to cause of the delay and the mismanagement of it that followed. How many others are there? How long would the case have sit there until Larry turned the burners on their butts?

LIand LARRY and other interested CFLers:

Correct me if I am wrong...please...

The NVC located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire is an outsourced goverment unit..ie. it is a private company competing to perform services for the State Department of the United States Government.

Could look see requests from Maura Harty's office be the last thing that they want piling up when it comes time to renew; rebid; renegotiate the contract services?

Just a thought...

Phil

174152[/snapback]

I don't think the waits at NVC are their fault, the cases are really at the namecheck agencies in Washington. They just sit at NVC and wait just like we do for those agencies to finish and send back the approval. Ms. Harty had no reason to go to NVC for anything, she went to the security agencies in Washington where the hold up was.

I don't know if NVC is contracted or not but they really don't have much to do with the long waits. They are just the only place we can call to get any updated information, I am sure they take a lot of heat but really can't do much about anything.

Or at least that is how I get the procedure anyway...........

Larry

Very good news indeed Larry.?I suppose asking them to expedite your case seeing as how it was their delay would be out of the question.?Good luck my friend and I hope you have a speedy P-3/P-4

174144[/snapback]

Carl's right. Larry and Li deserve special consideration and they should be allowed to bump ahead of the line. Their case has obviously been grossly mismanaged and neglected for some time.

Without any delay to Larry and Li, USCIS should open an internal investigation as to cause of the delay and the mismanagement of it that followed. How many others are there? How long would the case have sit there until Larry turned the burners on their butts?

174155[/snapback]

I have already replied to Maura Harty's assistant who gave me the good news and worked on this case:

Dear Mr. R,

I just got word from A R that my case has been released back to NVC so it can be sent to the

consulate at Guangzhou very soon. Thank you very much for your quick action on this case, you are very

much appreciated.

The second part of my letter to Ms. Maura Harty mentions perhaps giving this case "priority status" at Guangzhou

due to the extensive waiting period we have endurred. I respectfully request that our case get priority at GUZ

and I sincerely hope you can help with this request also. The consulate at Guangzhou will slow down pretty soon

for the holidays and then again for 10 days Chinese New Year at the end of January which will slow down this

case even more. Also I think it might be fairly standard to send some cases for a second name check once at the consulate.

I was hoping this could also be bypassed on this case.

I thank you for everything you have done and for what else you can do for my fiencee and myself, you have made

us very happy.

Larry

case# xxxxxxxxxx

Edited by donahso (see edit history)
:D

I just got an email from one of Maura Harty's assistants.  The namechecks are completed and our case should be on its way from

NVC to GUZ very soon.

I don't know what else to say.......I am speechless I guess.

It was Maura Harty who unlocked our case and we were at NVC for 383 days.

Thanks to everyone here at CFL for the kind words and thoughts over this more than a year of waiting.

Sincerely,

Li and Larry  :D

174136[/snapback]

How cool is all that???? Damned glad to ear it. The more i know about Maura Harty, the more impressed I am with her. She has untangled several tangles for CFL members. Gosh, a public servant who actually serves the public. Wonder what she is doing in 2008??