Another letter to Harty

Dear Maura Harty:

We want to know why the January interviews of this year are passed through and can get visa. Our interview of August of last year passed through and we can not still get visa. We have been told 6 to 8 weeks, then several times 2 to 3 weeks with nothing in sight. We have the pain of near 7 months to wait. In the time of this 7 months, do you know how many fiance/wife that wants to be together have called many times on telephone, have written many letters to DOS and/or GZ? We can not work and live normally. WE have even had some tragedies that could have been avoided. Do you realize what pain and suffering this causes because of your mishandeling of this matter? You have been chief offender inadvertently. If you do not solve as soon as possible, you will pay

our price therefore,God is benevolence!!!!!

The fiancees of USA

. . . . you will pay

our price therefore,God is benevolence!!!!!

It could be an effective letter, especially since from the fiancees, but I think you need to reword at least this part of it. The meaning is not clear. It comes accross to me as a threat. Is this what you intend? Also it is my own belief that it is now GZ who is sitting on our collective visas. But then, they do answer to the State Department eventually.

This will be seen as a threat,pure and simple. Im upset enough to bite too

but it wont help to scare these folks. The atomosphere is charged and somthing like this could blow the deal for all of us. Its one thing to say their a bunch of kids. Quite another to swear vengence. And considering the religous punch behind the 911 terrorists,the God statement could get you in deep legal trouble.

Ling,

I think you have a good idea to express your emotion. Just reword the letter so it is not percieved as a threat. And we should never use the threat of the power of God when dealing with our government. Don't be discouraged. But let us help you make it politically correct. I believe your heart is in the right place. :(

Many of these people are employees who are doing their jobs. They are as frustrated from this situation as we are. They are doing what is told to them, and are following the procedures. I don't think these employees purposefully are blocking issuance of our Visas. I don't think it is fair to them to be blamed for the problem. Their job is to process our visa affairs and they simply follow directions. I don't know what causes the problem is it the process itself or some other factors.

Bruce

I dont know if the letter is sent out or not. But I think you guys dont need to be so cautious on rewording. I wonder if she would take time to read the mail, maybe would just forward to the info line. I feel sorry that we spent so much time writing, calling, faxing, but just got ignored. :( :angry: