Your Welcome

wifeey says bu keqi--means you are very welcome.

173706[/snapback]

My wife agrees with bu ke qi. As this is Mandarin for you are so welcome, (more polite as my daughter says)

Hak hai (not sure of spelling) is Guangzhouhua per my wife (Cantonese)

bu yong xi is Putonghua for "your welcome" (generally speaking-Mandarin)

I am so confused... still haven't mastered my English yet!

Be careful with "Wu Gui" (sometimes it's followed by "Wang Ba Dan/SOB"...it could be an offensive cursing word in Chinese

173763[/snapback]

"Wu gui wang ba dan" is my favorite chinese curse! In literature, it's often translated to "son of a drunken turtle". I can't wait till I get an opportunity to use it :huh:

183719[/snapback]

errr ... this son of a drunken turtle thing is really a more serious curse than the English speaking reader might expect ... use it only when you'd say "F' off"

... which I hope is not often!

173790[/snapback]

to find out go to MDBG free on-line Chinese dictionary and you will get all the answers you need.

183520[/snapback]

How do I find this? Went to a google and no luck. I just type in MDBG so I am wondering that I should be doing something else...thanks sorry for being :lol:
to find out go to MDBG free on-line Chinese dictionary and you will get all the answers you need.

183520[/snapback]

How do I find this? Went to a google and no luck. I just type in MDBG so I am wondering that I should be doing something else...thanks sorry for being :blink:

187674[/snapback]

Is it this link?

http://www.xuezhongwen.net/chindict/chindict.php :clapping:

Edited by mama bear (see edit history)