Got Letter from

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Just got home from work and in my mailbox was the following letter from the USCIS....

Dear XXXXXXX

On xxxxx, you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

xxxxx

xxxxx

The status of this service request is:

The case has been selected for detailed review, which means it will take longer than normal processing time. If additional information or verification is needed, you will be notified. Thank you.

I spoke to my partner who is now in tears. We were wanting good news, this isn't it. I continue trying to spin this in the most positive way I can to her, but it's just becoming increasingly difficult to explain this delay.....

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
Hate to say it, but it sounds like you got the shaft!

"Detailed Review" = we think there may be a problem so we'll sit on it and try to decide if you are a terrorist or not for the next X months or until someone tells us to move!!!

Hope your problem gets cleared up quickly.

I would get your congressperson involved immediately!

172823[/snapback]

Indeed yes, there has been an attempted shafting but let's just say that the boxing gloves went on when I opened that letter. The one thing our government takes as a body blow is bad press. Now, I've got lots of it. and the darn dam just doesn't seem in condition to hold back my big mouth.

No where in the constitution of the United States is free reign given back to our government from a US citizen to bring anguish and harm to their family. This is torture. Six months waiting for an NOA2 and I get a one liner from the bastards? C'mon. Is that the best ya got?

One of the Senators of the great state of Florida is actively working my case now. It's just so damned good that he also happens to be the first latino elected to office in this state. Yep, he's the guy to have on your side.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Jesse:

Sorry to hear this. As you know, I am just starting to be able to sit down after removing the shaft from my ass.

Now I've been sitting in DHL customs for a month. Maybe I could tell the IRS to hold on for awhile while I perform a detailed review and decide if I want to jerk them around a little more. Think that would fly?

Phil

Hey do you think that would work? Sorry to inform you that your tax payment will be sent to you late due to a detailed review. You can expect your payment anytime between 9 and 999 days. Thank you for your patience. Sincerely, Mr. US Taxpayer.

ps: because your salary is paid from this fund also..you won't be getting paid until then. I hope you can stand the heartache and tribulations this puts on you and your family.

Same story with I-130 of my stepson. It took CSC (California) six months to complete and approval. I think that's the norm now, to slow down the process and the number of immigrants. I think the economy is sluggish and there is political pressure to curb the number of new immigrants. I suggest it's best to just wait. I sent emails, letters and even phone calls, and the best I could get was "assigned to a reviewing officer". I asked how many reviews I should expect, and I got meaningless replies. They, CSC, did not even reply in the last two months. That's gummint at work.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

I want to thank ALL of you for your support and kind words during this time. Today, I followed up with both of my Senators offices and spoke with the persons that were assigned to my case. One of our Senators is Democrat (Bill Nelson), and the other Republican (Mel Martinez). This morning, after calling Mel Martinez office, I was asked if I was also working with Bill Nelsons' office. Whoopsie I said..... :greenblob: :P , if I am will I be spanked? She did laugh and told me that their offices are right next door to one another and that they were both calling government officials regarding my case.

Although the assistant with Mel Martinez' office was knowledgeable, she is very young. I had to explain the difference between an NOA1 and an NOA2 to her. By contrast, the assistant at Bill Nelsons' office was a bit older and more seasoned.

I faxed them both copies of yesterday's letter. I was told that there will / should be a judgement on my case within the next six weeks, but that they expect it to be before that. We shall see, we shall see. They both also noted that in the event of denial it would be accompanied by a detailed reason, and what it takes to overcome. Additionally during this time there can also be an RFE. No one knows.

They listened to me whine about the insensitivity of the process, and how insensitive and uncaring it was to send only a single sentence reply to me after waiting six months for an NOA2. They tended to passively say that that's just sorta the way it is, but was told by Bill Nelsons office that they are actively working in Washington to change this part of the process as way too many families are being hurt.

Jesse, I feel for you both and hope you will get the help from your Senators that you deserve to break your case loose soon!! It's a real shame to see this kind of stuff happen to good people. Hang in there!! I know this ongoing torture has to be so frustrating and hurtful to both of you. If your relationship can endure this, imagine how good it will be when you are finally together!! Just keep thinking of that day and keep your chin up, it will all work out well in the end.

I want to thank ALL of you for your support and kind words during this time. Today, I followed up with both of my Senators offices and spoke with the persons that were assigned to my case. One of our Senators is Democrat (Bill Nelson), and the other Republican (Mel Martinez). This morning, after calling Mel Martinez office, I was asked if I was also working with Bill Nelsons' office. Whoopsie I said..... :lol:  :) , if I am will I be spanked? She did laugh and told me that their offices are right next door to one another and that they were both calling government officials regarding my case.

Although the assistant with Mel Martinez' office was knowledgeable, she is very young. I had to explain the difference between an NOA1 and an NOA2 to her. By contrast, the assistant at Bill Nelsons' office was a bit older and more seasoned.

I faxed them both copies of yesterday's letter. I was told that there will / should be a judgement on my case within the next six weeks, but that they expect it to be before that. We shall see, we shall see. They both also noted that in the event of denial it would be accompanied by a detailed reason, and what it takes to overcome. Additionally during this time there can also be an RFE. No one knows.

They listened to me whine about the insensitivity of the process, and how insensitive and uncaring it was to send only a single sentence reply to me after waiting six months for an NOA2. They tended to passively say that that's just sorta the way it is, but was told by Bill Nelsons office that they are actively working in Washington to change this part of the process as way too many families are being hurt.

172917[/snapback]

Everyone on the CCFL is pulling for you both. The good part is you actually have people in power trying to help you. Keep your chin's up.

There are so many ways things can go wrong with such an (unnecessarily) complicated process like this, it is almost a miracle we have been hearing so many successes lately. Of course we all hope we can add our names to that list.

After NASA had some tragic failures in its launches, that guy Ruttan bumped a ship into space on a gallon of kikapoo juice or something. Twice.

"KISS" (keep it simple, stupid) is always the way to go! As William of Occam stated in his famous "Razor" hypothesis more than 700 years ago -- the simplist model is invariably the best.

Now, if the DOS could only learn that lesson?

Edited by shyaushu (see edit history)