CAN THIS REALLY HAPPEN?

Today her AOS was returned rejected for improper payment. Did I read the instructions wrong? I sent a check with the application for $395.00. The rejection notice says the application fee is $225.00. Now I know my wife looks young but come on. Do they think GUZ approved K-1 for an under 14 year old? :unsure:

Ok I'm open to suggestions. Any ideas besides the first one I had of storming the office with a machine gun?

I'm glad to see in the other thread that the process is going smooth for others in our time frame.

Thanks David. Why didn't they say that was the reason rather than the check amount. The fillable form I used online was setting the year as 2005 for everything. I thought I had caught all of it. Well it looks like we are too young to have a marriage license. I've corrected it and will send it out tomorrow.

visapro was the one which kept "correcting" dates to 2005. On the app from the USCIS site I think I just typed the wrong date. :blush: If she finds out that I set us back 2 weeks I'll be in deeper trouble than Trigg gets in. Will send it back in the morning.

With all the documents and other lines with the correct dates couldn't they have just corrected it :blink: :huh: :unsure:

visapro was the one which kept "correcting" dates to 2005. On the app from the USCIS site I think I just typed the wrong date.  :blush: If she finds out that I set us back 2 weeks I'll be in deeper trouble than Trigg gets in. Will send it back in the morning.

With all the documents and other lines with the correct dates couldn't they have just corrected it  :blink:  :huh:  :unsure:

172427[/snapback]

Dan, I won't say a word. :P

That doesn't include writing it in large block letters and leaving the autodialer set to your number so my wife can chat with a friend from back home. :lol:

The same thing happened to us. But in our case, I actually did send in the wrong fee- I was looking at the old fees for the I-485.

But I did combine both the fingerprint and I-485 fee into one money order- it says you can do that in the instructions. Hope it's not a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Dan, my guess is that USCIS is getting back at you for making it through the whole process in less than a year. :D

172640[/snapback]

Well Frank they accepted it this time. She now has an A number! Now we go back to waiting but unlike with GUZ we are together and life goes on. Now you might be right about them getting back for the visa going too easy. THEY SENT OUR CASE TO MO! Now where do we live? Yup, So CAL!