Chinese dresses

Hmm...I asked my SO about the qipao. She said that if you have any flab whatsoever around the middle the qipao shows it off. I know she has some long ones but I haven't seen her in one yet. Next time I go over I may well strongly suggest she model them for me. But I think they're just not her style, I've never seen any of her friends wear makeup nor have i seen them wear anything but plain clothes.

My little one looks really good in a qipao, except for the short-neck syndrome she got from me and her mother. I'm pretty sure she's going to be over 6' (my father's family has had some 6'6" and up). I wonder how hard it will be to find qipao's for girls that height?

Edited by bnolsen (see edit history)
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...I asked my SO about the qipao.  She said that if you have any flab whatsoever around the middle the qipao shows it off.  I know she has some long ones but I haven't seen her in one yet.  Next time I go over I may well strongly suggest she model them for me.  But I think they're just not her style, I've never seen any of her friends wear makeup nor have i seen them wear anything but plain clothes.

My little one looks really good in a qipao, except for the short-neck syndrome she got from me and her mother.  I'm pretty sure she's going to be over 6' (my father's family has had some 6'6" and up).  I wonder how hard it will be to find qipao's for girls that height?

171008[/snapback]

I asked my wife about them as well. She wore one at our wedding reception in China. She owns three, including the wedding one. I think she looked even more beautiful than usual in one. I suggested she bring them with her, and she might buy a couple more before she comes to the US. She'll wear the red one for the wedding reception with my family, but it'll be put away after that. I'd bet dimes to donuts my daughter will want to wear it for her wedding. hehe.

My wife made the same comment about how body shape affects the look. She is still learning English, so her comments were a little more blunt, but the gist was that a heavier woman does not look good in a qiupao because it hugs the curves so closely. She will only wear them to go out to dinner and such, but I guess we'll be going out often so I can see her in them :P

Hmm...I asked my SO about the qipao.  She said that if you have any flab whatsoever around the middle the qipao shows it off.  I know she has some long ones but I haven't seen her in one yet.  Next time I go over I may well strongly suggest she model them for me.  But I think they're just not her style, I've never seen any of her friends wear makeup nor have i seen them wear anything but plain clothes.

My little one looks really good in a qipao, except for the short-neck syndrome she got from me and her mother.  I'm pretty sure she's going to be over 6' (my father's family has had some 6'6" and up).  I wonder how hard it will be to find qipao's for girls that height?

171008[/snapback]

I asked my wife about them as well. She wore one at our wedding reception in China. She owns three, including the wedding one. I think she looked even more beautiful than usual in one. I suggested she bring them with her, and she might buy a couple more before she comes to the US. She'll wear the red one for the wedding reception with my family, but it'll be put away after that. I'd bet dimes to donuts my daughter will want to wear it for her wedding. hehe.

My wife made the same comment about how body shape affects the look. She is still learning English, so her comments were a little more blunt, but the gist was that a heavier woman does not look good in a qiupao because it hugs the curves so closely. She will only wear them to go out to dinner and such, but I guess we'll be going out often so I can see her in them :rolleyes:

171113[/snapback]

Just like wedding gown, the women will go on extreme diet to look good in qipao on wedding day.

Just like wedding gown, the women will go on extreme diet to look good in qipao on wedding day.

171256[/snapback]

Hmmm....will have to ask her what she plans on wearing that day. The wedding will be very very small...I may consider asking her to wear one that day, it depends on how well she models her current ones to me.