Biometrics Appointment for AOS

My form also said to wait...

But I took Tony's encouragement to call..  and they asked if the form stated to call them [  :D  :whistling: ] ... anyways... based on my answer to them, they gave me an appointment for just a few days away.  Seems that there were about five days in a row basically wide open.

173681[/snapback]

OK ... now here's a big WTF from me.

WTF?

WTF?

WTF???????

So you told them the form said to call them? If so I'm going to call back tomorrow and tell them the same thing. When I spoke to them last time I gave no personal information, only that the form said to wait. And the woman I spoke to told me to sit back and wait.

But my wife has had to turn down at least one job because of this nonsensical wait.

WTF?

173719[/snapback]

Call them... I think you know what to say...

They did ask to speak to my wife [which I anticipated].. asked her to state her name ,and then asked if she approved of me requesting an appointment on her behalf...

Since my appointment is in a few days, I can update and state the outcome... but I cannot imagine them telling me to go home just because the paper says I was supposed to wait for them...

173750[/snapback]

My wife was rejected from another job today - not because she was not qualified, but because the employer said they had to wait until she had employment authorization.

This really pisses me off.

I have the choice of lying to the government about a form that they sent us, or waiting. I know that by mid-January (90 days) she can go get a temporary employment card for free, but how many $$$ are we losing until then?

And I'm not sure if calling and lying to them about what the form says will help in the long run. We'll get an earlier date for biometrics, but will this necessarily translate into an earlier date for the EAD issue?

173950[/snapback]

She needs bio metrics for both I-485 (AOS) and for I-765 (EAD). These forms are filed together, but processed separate. She will get a separate appointment for each. They are similar, but different. She needs picture and fingerprints for AOS. EAD she will only need a picture. You should have your I-797C for AOS and another one for EAD. The one you are most interested in is for EAD. What does it say for bio appointment? It should have you make an appointment or schedule one soon, because once bio is done for EAD, they send you her card.

You can also do all bios in one visit, just have the all I-797C's with you.

174338[/snapback]

That would be nice - but the I-797C for BOTH the AOS and and EAD say "wait" - complete and utter BS.

After reading the postings here I called again.

nevermind what I said...or did not say.  The lady had me read, line-by-line what the receipt letter says.  Including the part "USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT."

No, she would nopt schedule an appointment for us.

174412[/snapback]

Same here - had to read it.

I don't recall any delay in using the case status page. Double check your case#.

btw, when I called to inquire about the long biometrics delay (my perception) the worker told me 'your case must be sent to the office serving your zip code;' 'the biometrics appointment is not relevant to the overall processing time;' 'the interview is also not relevant to the overall approval time;' 'anyway, they are processing April 2004 now so wait your turn.'

so, if you don't like the answer- call somebody else. maybe it'll work for you, it hasn't worked for me.

Also, I tried to look up the case status on the USCIS website but I get an error saying that case is not in the system. Is there normally a waiting time before it shows up?

173946[/snapback]

Can anyone answer this question? Haven't gotten a response yet.

174724[/snapback]

Check out my timeline. We got the I-797 notice and our msc05 number didn't show up until a few weeks AFTER we completed the biometrics.

When I called to schedule our biometrics, we talked to 6 different "agents" and got a different procedure for getting the appointment from every one we talked to. At the time there were no available appointments (which I found out after at least 1/2 hour on hold each time) and was told to call at 8:00 AM tomorrow for a possible appointment in 42 days because their calender could only schedule 42 days in advance.

After a week of this they changed the "system" and added more agents. We got an appointment 3 weeks later in an office with 8 employees and 3 people getting fingerprints!!!!! Your tax dollars hard at work!!!!!

Amazing news... my husband got his biometrics appt today! It's for this month. Guess we got lucky cuz we live in Chicago.

:D  :D  :D

174959[/snapback]

Glad to hear that ... I wish I knew what the hell was going on with my wife's ... we have a receipt date a couple of weeks earlier than yours, St Paul is now processing applications with our receipt date, and yet we've heard nothing. Zero zip.

This seriously sucks.

After reading the postings here I called again.

nevermind what I said...or did not say.  The lady had me read, line-by-line what the receipt letter says.  Including the part "USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT."

No, she would nopt schedule an appointment for us.

174412[/snapback]

Same here - had to read it.

174674[/snapback]

My wife insisted I call and tell them we the letter said to ask for appointment but USCIS agent asked me to read the letter word for word. I couldn't fabricate it :rolleyes:

I've heard that they may do interview and bios in Buffalo office at the same time so we'll see in a couple of weeks

My wife insisted I call and tell them we the letter said to ask for appointment but USCIS agent asked me to read the letter word for word. I couldn't fabricate it :rolleyes:

I've heard that they may do interview and bios in Buffalo office at the same time so we'll see in a couple of weeks

175118[/snapback]

If they do the same thing in St Paul, we'd have a long wait for biometrics ... and I guess we'd get the temp EAD in the meantime. This system makes no sense.

OK ... interesting update. I called today and schedule an appointment - for tomorrow! for biometrics (tomorrow was the only available date ...) Anyway, the woman asked me to read from the form - I did, but this time all she wanted was the ASC Code, and her personal information. She didn't ask me about what the rest of the notice said. She did require my wife to talk with them first however.

She said we had to bring:

(1) Two copies of the appointment notice (I guess she means the I-797C ???)

(2) Two forms of ID (her passport ... and her SS card I guess?)

(3) The confirmation number.

Persistence pays off, I guess ...