GZ Consulate

jim_julian

Members please remember that GZ speaks is not a disscussion forum.  It is a Q & A forum designed to  ask questons to USCONGUZ.  Members are not to answer questions asked here. This forum is moderated heavily.  Inappropriate questions and answers will be deleted. If you feel the need to answer a question asked here send them a PM.

173859[/snapback]

Well Carl, I repeat.............Moderate, go ahead. But, use discretion. Moderate but don't censor. That is inappropriate, and quite frankly uncalled for.

173896[/snapback]

It's a thin line ...

Look at the October 14th post from GZ that started the process. They specifically asked for no questions concerning individual cases but instead they wanted to deal with items such as process.

This is a good thing. We should respect their conditions for participation. Any insights we gain can only help us work better within the system.

I fully understand and support that moderators should enforce the conditions set forth in the GZ post cited above.

Additionally, it makes good sense that members not answer members in the GUZ Speaks sub-forum.

The mods have the right idea here.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew
It's a thin line ...

Look at the October 14th post from GZ that started the process.  They specifically asked for no questions concerning individual cases but instead they wanted to deal with items such as process.

This is a good thing.  We should respect their conditions for participation.  Any insights we gain can only help us work better within the system.

I fully understand and support that moderators should enforce the conditions set forth in the GZ post cited above. 

Additionally, it makes good sense that members not answer members in the GUZ Speaks sub-forum.

The mods have the right idea here.

173924[/snapback]

GUZ cannot answer questions regarding a specific case for legal reasons, otherwise the one that answers could be held liable in court. Outside that, questions, follow-up questions, tough questions, pin to the wall questions, calling on bad information, expecting accountability, using quotes to make a point, being assertive, calling to task, asking for more information, requesting supporting documentation as to statements, etc., etc., etc., should be allowed. If not, this will be a warm and fuzzy place without credibility.

Guest ShaQuaNew
I'm going to pin this for a while to encourage members who don't visit too often to read it. Posts and topics in the GUZ SPEAKS subforum will continue to be heavily moderated. Those not passing muster will be deleted or moved.

173928[/snapback]

Don, I think it would be helpful to our members to see a list that specifically outlines what will pass "muster" and what will fail.

It's not that difficult Jesse. Any reasonable question is ok. One that has been answered before by GZ would probably be deleted. Any attacks on GZ would be deleted and of course replys to other members questions from members would be deleted. Got a tough question? great, Ask away.

Guest ShaQuaNew
It's not that difficult Jesse.  Any reasonable question is ok.  One that has been answered before by GZ would probably be deleted.  Any attacks on GZ would be deleted and of course replys to other members questions from members would be deleted.  Got a tough question? great, Ask away.

175529[/snapback]

Okay, that's helpful Carl. Some people do perceive a tough question as an attack. I don't think it so. Also, sometimes one may want to ask a question that has been asked before in a slightly different way to see if the answer floats. What concerns me most about this forum is that it will be so "heavily moderated" that lines of questioning will be avoided if GUZ finds itself on the ropes. There are some that think it inappropriate to be tough in that manner. My radar detects that a few of our members would like to see GUZ handled like a newborn. I think being respectful, yet tough is more appropriate.

Don is right, GUZ doesn't have to answer any questions, but let's remember, GUZ came to us. They obviously monitor the site and only asked that questions not pertain to a specific case. Okay, so in general:

1. Reasonable questions okay (this may require elaboration)

2. Questions asked previously may be deleted

3. Any attacks on GUZ will be deleted (what is considered an attack? Obviously rude comments and threats, but anything else?)

4. Candle members replying to other Candle members questions will be deleted.

5. Tough questions okay. (this sounds easy on the surface, but perhaps you can explain when a reasonable question becomes a tough question?)

Any shots at clarifying?

I actually encourage some tough questions,ie dicrepancies in published guidelines vs real actions. An Attack on GZ seems pretty obvious to me but for an example if someone posted. "My fiancee got a blue slip because she doesn't speak English very well. What the hell is wrong with you A$$ holes!!!!! You are so f-ing stupid you couldn't find your a$$ with both hands!!!!"

Don made it pretty clear. The questions must be of a general nature and not case specific. They must be of interest to the general membership. No body is probably going to be much interested if you lost your cigarette lighter at the consulate and want to know how to see if it is in lost and found.

Guest ShaQuaNew
I actually encourage some tough questions,ie dicrepancies in published guidelines vs real actions.  An Attack on GZ seems pretty obvious to me but for an example if someone posted.

"My fiancee got a blue slip because she doesn't speak English very well.  What the hell is wrong with you A$$ holes!!!!! You are so f-ing stupid you couldn't find your a$$ with both hands!!!!"

Don made it pretty clear.  The questions must be of a general nature and not case specific. They must be of interest to the general membership.  No body is probably going to be much interested if you lost your cigarette lighter at the consulate and want to know how to see if it is in lost and found.

175543[/snapback]

Thanks for helping clarify. Perhaps the example you cited went out of bounds because it was:

1. Referring to a specific case

2. Went on to describe the difficulty experienced finding part's of ones' anatomy.... :angry:

I don't believe my attempts to clarify these guidelines are trivial or uneeded. I requesting clarification so that I, and others can know exactly where the line between acceptable and unacceptable lies.

I know what is of interest to me, and though I might post a question regarding the location of my cigarette lighter, it's not likely. Knowing just what is of interest to the general membership is however a very blurry line. While locating my cigarette lighter might be of little importance to general membership, it may be very important to me. Course, not really, cuz I don't smoke.

What sort of question is of interest to candle members in general?

1. Relates to immigration?

2. Relates to interview process?

3. Relates to denial?

4. Relates to speaking english?

I for one don't really know what is of interest to candle members in general, but I'm guessing that if one narrows down the list to issues that deal only with immigration that that list will still be huge.

Does one stand a chance having their post deleted if a moderator deems that though their post does NOT deal with a specific case, use vulgar language, have slanted political references, that it may be deleted because it is deemed NOT OF INTEREST? :angry:

Guest ShaQuaNew
Carl, so who posts and poses the question?  The moderator?  Now that DHL sent my case from NVC last Friday I would like to know why GUZ refuses to sign for our cases for 1 to 2 months. .....

Can someone pose this query to GUZ?

Sincerely,

Larry :huh:

175563[/snapback]

I think something happened to your post.

Carl, so who posts and poses the question?  The moderator?  Now that DHL sent my case from NVC last Friday I would like to know why GUZ refuses to sign for our cases for 1 to 2 months. .....

Can someone pose this query to GUZ?

Sincerely,

Larry   :huh:

175563[/snapback]

I think something happened to your post.

175573[/snapback]

Jessie, I decided to make a new topic instead.

Meant to go back and delete the whole thing.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Jessie, I decided to make a new topic instead.

Meant to go back and delete the whole thing.

175575[/snapback]

I think it's a great question. I didn't want to muck it up by adding anything to it.....

All good questions. Larry, GZ has touched on this before but has never really given an answer that I felt was adequate. The reason I lobbied the mods and admins to open up GZSPEAKS to the general membership was so you could ask these questions yourselves. By all means please do. According to GZ the delay is because the petitions are not sent as diplomatic mail. I would like to know why not. I also don't buy that it takes 5 or more weeks to clear customs and be delivered. I am not convinced that the DHL warehouse isn't just being used as a convenient storage place for backlogged petitions.

Jesse if it is about visas or immigration and it is of interest to you then chances are it is of interest to the general membership. Just use some common sense. If you write an angry accusational post it may be deleted but even then not neccesarily. Even if it is deleted we can debate it in the mods forum and possibly get it restored.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Jesse if it is about visas or immigration and it is of interest to you then  chances are it is of interest to the general membership.  Just use some common sense.  If you write an angry accusational post it may be deleted but even then not neccesarily.  Even if it is deleted we can debate it in the mods forum and possibly get it restored.

175578[/snapback]

I often want to use my common sense about these things, but want to be sure before I leap into the pit. When it comes to our loved ones we are each passionate and want to not only know HOW things are supposed to work, but just WHY in the heck many of the rules regarding immigration are invisible.....

All good questions.  Larry, GZ has touched on this before but has never really given an answer that I felt was adequate.  The reason I lobbied the mods and admins to open up GZSPEAKS to the general membership was so you could ask these questions yourselves.  By all means please do.  According to GZ the delay is because the petitions are not sent as diplomatic mail.  I would like to know why not.  I also don't buy that it takes 5 or more weeks to clear customs and be delivered.  I am not convinced that the DHL warehouse isn't just being used as a convenient storage place for backlogged petitions. 

Jesse if it is about visas or immigration and it is of interest to you then  chances are it is of interest to the general membership.  Just use some common sense.  If you write an angry accusational post it may be deleted but even then not neccesarily.  Even if it is deleted we can debate it in the mods forum and possibly get it restored.

175578[/snapback]

It seems it was "my" question that upset USCONGUZ. That was not my intention. I didn't understand how it could be possible for the long wait before signing. I know I didn't phrase it with the best of terms. Later USCONGUZ came back and actually explained better as to why the long wait we go through. I know tempers run very high at times here and frustration takes over. USCONGUZ vented at me and I hope all is well now. They came back and answered more threads calmly.

I appologize if it upset anyone. I tried saying this on the orig thread but it got deleted by a moderator.

Larry

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)