GZ Consulate

jim_julian

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew
Unless I'm missing something it's been almost a week since we heard from GZ.

Do you think it's over?? I hope not ...  :D

169809[/snapback]

No Jim, I think you're right. I hope it's that GUZ is simply preparing for the holidays and been a little busy. I know I've been quite verbal expressing my thoughts, but at the same time trust that GUZ understands the passion that we all share.

Do you think it's over??   I hope not ...  :rolleyes:

169809[/snapback]

No Jim, I think you're right. I hope it's that GUZ is simply preparing for the holidays and been a little busy. I know I've been quite verbal expressing my thoughts, but at the same time trust that GUZ understands the passion that we all share.

169831[/snapback]

Jesse,

you have cowed them with your outspokeness

Do you think it's over???nbsp; I hope not ...?:greenblob:

169809[/snapback]

169831[/snapback]

Jesse,

170059[/snapback]

I was curious about that also Jim. Especially when called BullS*** on the position that the interviews are not predetermined.

GUZ, don't try to BS us old BS'ers. :greenblob:

Jesse,

170059[/snapback]

Happy Moooooooooooooooooo

http://home.swipnet.se/mooamp/wallpapers/calf-closeup.jpg

170522[/snapback]

I sure hope that it is NOT over , they were reaching alot of folks and they can chose what they wanted to answer or what information they wanted to convey to the membership of the CFL

I think they have a WIN WIN situation here

But then ONLY THE GUS Knows :lol:

GZ responded to the child custody question 3 days ago.

When accompanying children, K-2 or K-4 are involved often the father has been absent for some time and not been a part of the childs life. Sometimes the father is nowhere to be found. In cases where the father is not able to be found to sign a statement giving permision for the child to accompany the beneficiary Just what is required? One petitioner in particular asked what is needed in the event the mother has never married and the father dissappeared a long time ago. In some cases the father tries to extort large amounts of money from the petitioner. Also if the K2/K4 is between the ages of 18-21, has a passport, and is unmarried is permission from an absent father necessary even if divorce papers indicate he has custody?

Dear CFL Members,

If one birth parent or legal guardian of a child is planning on taking a child (any minor under the age of 18) to the United States, and the other parent or legal guardian of the child is going to remain behind in China, they must be prepared to show that there is no legal impediment to the child leaving the country.

This can be demonstrated by showing who has custody of the child. Divorce agreements in China usually list who has legal custody of children. The birth parent staying in China can also provide a notarized statement saying that they are aware that the child plans to immigrate to the U.S. and that they agree with their immigration. These are the most common methods of demonstrating that there is no legal impediment to the child immigrating to the U.S.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, neither of these documents can be obtained. These situations are dealt with on a case by case basis.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China

Thanks Carl....

• 2 weeks later...
Jim:

Am I missing something or has it been a month?

Phil

173692[/snapback]

Phil, the last USCONGUZ post was November 29th.

This thread is pretty old.

173698[/snapback]

We had lots of replies to the easy stuff. Now the heat has been turned up a bit--let's see if they abandon us or answer our concerns.

Members please remember that GZ speaks is not a disscussion forum. It is a Q & A forum designed to ask questons to USCONGUZ. Members are not to answer questions asked here. This forum is moderated heavily. Inappropriate questions and answers will be deleted. If you feel the need to answer a question asked here send them a PM.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
Members please remember that GZ speaks is not a disscussion forum.  It is a Q & A forum designed to  ask questons to USCONGUZ.  Members are not to answer questions asked here. This forum is moderated heavily.  Inappropriate questions and answers will be deleted. If you feel the need to answer a question asked here send them a PM.

173859[/snapback]

Well Carl, I repeat.............Moderate, go ahead. But, use discretion. Moderate but don't censor. That is inappropriate, and quite frankly uncalled for.