Need for new i-864 (AOS) for CR1 interview?

hopefully this is my last question, im supposed to send the documents out in the morning....

the P4 packet sent to my wife for her CR1 interview says,

..."Evidence of support. The petititoner and any co-sponsor must submit an original I-864 for each applicant, as well as one set of his/her three most recent tax returns and evidence of employment. We recommendg bringing additional copies of your AOS forms, with original signatures, for each applicant, in case the AOS forms in your case file are not the originals. the lacke of even one original copy of a AOS form for a member of your party will lead to a temporary denial."

wow. so if i read this correctly, i should fill out another AOS i864 and go get it notarized and my cosponsors should do the same?? and this is just in case the i-864 is a copy. what the heck? if this is the case that means we are basically required to fill out and notarize the same form twice. what are people out there generally doing? i just assumed that the file would most certainly have the original i-864 forms...

your responses are appreciated!

Here is my impression, based on a few CR1s comments in the past...

That the I-864 has generally not been required to re-submit at the interview as they have it from NVC... but sometimes might want updated tax or employment info or verification. In this sense, they want updated 'proof' of the I-864: employment letter, newest tax year info, etc.

But the golden rule is, if in doubt, bring another copy of the I-864.

hopefully this is my last question, im supposed to send the documents out in the morning....

the P4 packet sent to my wife for her CR1 interview says,

..."Evidence of support. The petititoner and any co-sponsor must submit an original I-864 for each applicant, as well as one set of his/her three most recent tax returns and evidence of employment. We recommendg bringing additional copies of your AOS forms, with original signatures, for each applicant, in case the AOS forms in your case file are not the originals. the lacke of even one original copy of a AOS form for a member of your party will lead to a temporary denial."

wow. so if i read this correctly, i should fill out another AOS i864 and go get it notarized and my cosponsors should do the same?? and this is just in case the i-864 is a copy. what the heck? if this is the case that means we are basically required to fill out and notarize the same form twice. what are people out there generally doing? i just assumed that the file would most certainly have the original i-864 forms...

your responses are appreciated!

169524[/snapback]

This was also a concern of my wife, I had submitted the original I-864 to the NVC and I have a copy. My wife has a copy to take to the interview, she also has my employment verification along with a recent pay receipt from October, along with copies of my tax forms 2002/3/4, and I feel this will be sufficient.

I suggest you heed David's response..... Bring another original I-864 and updated letter of employment and copies of last 3 years of tax returns....