We entered POE LAX together. I could see and hear the Chinese applicant across the desk from me as she was asked the basic questions:

1. Where is the envelope?

2. What is the petitioner's name?

and on and on. There was almost big trouble because she did not know enough English to comprehend and satisfactorily answer these basic questions.

As mentioned, you need the medical envelope, the passports with visa, the paperwork from the airplane and guess what? The immigration officer asked me 'where is the original application' Like I knew, he had the stupid big envelope that we are not allowed to open!!

We were never asked for the x-rays.

It should be fairly routine if she has the unopened brown envelope with her files, her passport/visa, and her x-rays (still don't know why we need the x-rays).  Take a look at http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10670 The I-94 is an important document for her to complete and give the the IO and the customs declaration will also be needed.  The link has pictures of both.

169042[/snapback]

All said; the only thing else for her to do is fill out the departure

card at the airport in China and she will be on her way.

We entered POE LAX together.  I could see and hear the Chinese applicant across the desk from me as she was asked the basic questions:

1.  Where is the envelope?

2.  What is the petitioner's name?

and on and on.  There was almost big trouble because she did not know enough English to comprehend and satisfactorily answer these basic questions. 

As mentioned, you need the medical envelope, the passports with visa, the paperwork from the airplane and guess what?  The immigration officer asked me 'where is the original application'  Like I knew, he had the stupid big envelope that we are not allowed to open!!

169147[/snapback]

Yeah, they asked where the I-134 was in the packet. I mentioned the envelope was sealed and if they had any questions they should contact GZ. Then pulled out the copy they didn't collect at the interview, seems they didn't really want it after all. :D :D

We entered POE LAX together.  I could see and hear the Chinese applicant across the desk from me as she was asked the basic questions:

1.  Where is the envelope?

2.  What is the petitioner's name?

and on and on.  There was almost big trouble because she did not know enough English to comprehend and satisfactorily answer these basic questions. 

As mentioned, you need the medical envelope, the passports with visa, the paperwork from the airplane and guess what?  The immigration officer asked me 'where is the original application'  Like I knew, he had the stupid big envelope that we are not allowed to open!!

169147[/snapback]

Yeah, they asked where the I-134 was in the packet. I mentioned the envelope was sealed and if they had any questions they should contact GZ. Then pulled out the copy they didn't collect at the interview, seems they didn't really want it after all. :greenblob: :wacko:

169181[/snapback]

Thank you, I understand now. Our port of entry will probally be LAX since we are flying up from Malaysia. I hope that doesn't make a difference if she enters from a different country other than China.

Good timing of topic. Seems Jin and I were just discussing this. When I just came back from china I talked with the Customs guy while waiting for the luggage to unlaod.

He said make sure to have the declaration as accurate as possible ( like you shouldnt anyway). I wonder if they do a thurough search? He sais expect to take about an hour for the whole processing time. Do not know firsthand, but that is what I was told, for what its worth.

Seems it would also be important to bring pleny of the documents that need to be notorized and translated, so one does not have to go through the hassle and expense of doing it again in US for AOS.

That was my thoughts.

Good timing of topic.  Seems Jin and I were just discussing this.  When I just came back from china I talked with the Customs guy while waiting for the luggage to unlaod.

He said make sure to have the declaration as accurate as possible ( like you shouldnt anyway).  I wonder if they do a thurough search?  He sais expect to take about an hour for the whole processing time.  Do not know firsthand, but that is what I was told, for what its worth.

Seems it would also be important to bring pleny of the documents that need to be notorized and translated, so one does not have to go through the hassle and expense of doing it again in US for AOS.

That was my thoughts.

169223[/snapback]

A very good point about translated documents, one thing to add is you should not put your important documents in your checked luggage. Make room in your carryon luggage so you are guaranteed they arrive in the US. Luggage can get misplaced and the extra stress is not needed.