Favorite Recipes

I got this recipe off of the Food Network today by Emeril Lagasse and was it Hen Hao!!!. We could not get enough of it My SO really liked it. You may wish to try this one. It is very easy to make also.

:rolleyes: :smoker:

Home > Recipes

Grilled Salmon with Sweet Corn, Tomato and Avocado Relish, and Grilled Asparagus Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse

Show: The Essence of Emeril

Episode: Great Grillin'

Recipe Summary

Difficulty: Easy

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Cook Time: 25 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

Add to My Recipe Box

Email to a Friend

Print: Full Page

3X5 Card | 4X6 Card

Ratings and Reviews

User Rating:

Ratings & Reviews FAQ

2 large ears fresh yellow corn, peeled and silk removed

2 large Creole or other vine-ripened tomatos, cored and cut into 3/4-inch dice (about 2 cups)

2 Hass avocados (14 ounces), peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 2 cups)

6 tablespoons finely chopped red onions

2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

2 teaspoons salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper

4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets with the skin

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows

Grilled Asparagus with Garlic, recipe follows

4 sprigs fresh baby parsley

Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the corn and simmer until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the ear and place in a medium bowl. To the corn, add the tomatoes, avocados, onions, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Toss to combine and set aside.

Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.

Lightly brush the fillets with the olive oil and season each on the flesh side with 1/8 teaspoon of the Essence, and 1/4 teaspoon of the remaining salt, and pinch of the remaining white pepper. Add to the grill, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the salmon is opaque and medium-rare, about 4 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the fillets.

To serve, lay the asparagus fillets down the center of 4 large plates and place the fillets on the asparagus. Spoon the relish over the fish, garnish each plate with a sprig of parsley, and serve immediately.

Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika

2 tablespoons salt

2 tablespoons garlic powder

1 tablespoon black pepper

1 tablespoon onion powder

1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

1 tablespoon dried oregano

1 tablespoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredients thoroughly.

Yield: 2/3 cup

Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch

Published by William and Morrow, 1993.

Grilled Asparagus with Garlic:

1 pound large asparagus, woody ends trimmed*

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

3/4 teaspoon coarse salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

2 teaspoons chopped garlic

Preheat the grill to medium.

In a shallow baking dish, toss the asparagus with the oil to coat well. Add the salt, and pepper and toss to coat evenly.

Place the asparagus on the grill in a single layer, and cook, turning, until marked and tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with the lemon juice and garlic and toss well. Cover with aluminum foil and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

Yield: 4 servings

*NOTE: Large asparagus can be placed directly on the grill; smaller ones may fall through during cooking. If cooking thin asparagus, use a grill basket.

• 1 month later...

Today my son, a Marine, leaves to attend the US Naval Academy. In his honor and to all who have served or who are now serving in the US Military, the following recipe needs no further introduction:

Semper Fi,

Chef

Recipe requested by Papa Bear

SOS (Slop on Shingle, Same ole Slop, S_ _ _ on Shingle)

1 lb. ground hamburger

1 stick unsalted butter

1/2 cup flour

1/8 teaspoon mace powder

1/2 cup diced onion, fried till soft

3 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed

1/2 quart whole milk (1 pint)

1/2 quart water

Lastly pepper to taste

Dried cold toast

Pan fry the hamburger mashing fine until all pink is gone and lightly browned, then transfer it to a bowl. Place butter in a large fry pan and fry onions until soft. Reduce heat and stir in flour and brown. Add bouillon, mace or nutmeg, water and milk and stir well to dissolve bouillon and flour. Add the fried hamburger. Using a medium heat, stir until it thickens. If too thick thin with water, if too thin add a little more flour. Simmer covered for 30 minutes on low heat, stir often adding water as needed. Lastly, add plenty of pepper to taste and simmer a few minutes more. Spoon over dried cold toast.

* After cooked you can brown it more by placing it in the oven at 200-F for 30 minutes or longer and keep it warm.

Serves 6-8

Old Hot Dog Recipe:

Remove hot dog from package.

Hold under hot running tap water until warmed through.

234853[/snapback]

Pete too funny...lol

Here is a recipe I did when I was living in a college dorm, many, many years ago.

1 Mr. Coffee Maker

1 can of your favorite can food, (Campbell's soup, Franco American Chef Boy Ardee)

Tap water

Place can in the Mr Coffee Canistar.

Fill Mr. Coffee Machine with water.

Turn coffee maker on

Let can simmer in the hot water for approx 15 to 20 minutes

Carefully remove can from canistar and open, (hopefully you have a can opener)

Serve hot

Buon Apetito

:roller: :roller:

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)
Guest YOu&Me
Do you like dumplings? :roller:

178364[/snapback]

Do ya know how make them or have recipe?

Love them thingys can't get enough.

We got some from different returants in

GZ also pac-n-shop, but wifes mama and

sis in law, i got say was in dumpling heaven

when we went to mom and dads house :roller:

Was real hard not be a pig, real hard.

Edited by YOu&Me (see edit history)

I have a recipe for sirloin burgers I came up with myself that is really good, when I was working at G.M. we were working overtime one saturday and I decided to make burgers for everyone on the loading dock for lunch, everyone wnated to pay me and I didn't want any money for it but they insisted and kept asking how much so I said just eat the burger and pay me what you think it is worth, I made 20 burgers and three people paid me 5 bucks each and wouldn't take any change everybody else paid 3-4 dollars so I know they are good.

This is what you need

1 lb. ground sirloin

1/2 of vidalia or sweet onion about the size of a baseball or a little smaller

1 heaping tblspn sugar (trust me)

6 slices Kraft american cheese

4 buns

McCormick Montreal steak seasoning NOT THE SPICY

A watch with a second hand

Make 4 patties about 1/3 to 1/2 of a inch thick no it is important not to make them too thick DO NOT MIX THE SEASONING IN TO THE MEAT sprinkle it on liberaly and pat it on to the meat so it sticks to the meat.

Next dice the onion, peal the skin off first of course

Next put the diced onion in a bowl and sprinkle the sugar on the onion (like I said trust me)

Take the cheese out of the plastic wrapers because once you get cooking things start happening fast and you don't want to be fumbling around with the plastic at the last minute and burn your burgers.

I prefer an electric skillet but you can use a large cast iron or teflon skillet, heat it to about 240 F to start, now sprinkle a little seasoning in the bottom of the skillet, place the burgers in the skillet turning them occasionally untill they are almost done NEVER SMASH THE BURGER EVER they will end up as dry as cardboard that is why you make them thin in the first place because they will swell in thickness and shrink in diameter.

When they are almost done take them out and place them on a plate, now turn up the heat to about 300 place the onions in the skillet stirring them to make sure they don't stick, don't cook them untill they are mushy just untill they start turning brown then remove them and put them back in the bowl, make sure your hood fan is on high or you do this outside because this is when you will need it (big smoke), turn the heat up to about 375-400 this will give the burger that charbroiled taste now look at the watch and make a mental note of the time when you place the burgers back in the skillet, cook till the first side is done just before they start to burn then flip the burgers and check your watch and cook the other side 1/2 to 2/3 the time it took to finish cooking the first side then spred the cooked onions on the burgers and put the cheese on top of the onions turn off the heat and place a lid on top checking every 10 seconds and once the cheese starts to melt (don't wait untill the cheese is melting down the sides of the burger it will take the onions with it) remove the burgers and place on buns.

And please don't put anything else on these burgers untill you at least try one bite, the reason anyone puts pickles,catsup or anything else on a burger is because without it a burger doesn't have much taste.

These burgers will have so much flavor you won't need to add anything!

Dan...great idea with the sugar on the onion!! these burgers sound delicious. Maybe, at $3.00 to $5.00 a pop you should consider opening a hamburger joint....maybe call it, "Papa Burgers". Of course you need to have a Papa Burger and a Mama Burger as two signature burgers on your menu!! :roller:

Dan...great idea with the sugar on the onion!!  these burgers sound delicious.  Maybe, at $3.00 to $5.00 a pop you should consider opening a hamburger joint....maybe call it, "Papa Burgers".  Of course you need to have a Papa Burger and a Mama Burger as two signature burgers on your menu!! :D

234997[/snapback]

:roller: :roller: I did want something to do when we got back to the states, and Mama Bear could be the waitress and say "you want flied lice whit dat" :P

Dan...great idea with the sugar on the onion!!  these burgers sound delicious.  Maybe, at $3.00 to $5.00 a pop you should consider opening a hamburger joint....maybe call it, "Papa Burgers".  Of course you need to have a Papa Burger and a Mama Burger as two signature burgers on your menu!! :roller:

234997[/snapback]

I spent a little over 3 weeks traveling through Yunnan.

The one thing I noticed is there aren't many burger joints.

I did find one in Jinghong.

Don't know if it was beef or yak. :roller:

Dan...great idea with the sugar on the onion!!  these burgers sound delicious.  Maybe, at $3.00 to $5.00 a pop you should consider opening a hamburger joint....maybe call it, "Papa Burgers".  Of course you need to have a Papa Burger and a Mama Burger as two signature burgers on your menu!! :unsure:

234997[/snapback]

I spent a little over 3 weeks traveling through Yunnan.

The one thing I noticed is there aren't many burger joints.

I did find one in Jinghong.

Don't know if it was beef or yak. :rolleyes:

235004[/snapback]

A yak burger, it might work.

• 3 months later...

This is a favorite for holidays for my family

Sausage Balls:

INGREDIENTS

2 cups biscuit mix

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1 pound fresh, ground pork sausage(hot Owens)

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, mix together biscuit mix, Cheddar cheese, and sausage. Roll mixture into walnut-size balls and arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until completely cooked and browned. Place on paper towels to drain and cool.

These can even be made ahead of time and frozen...

Sausage Balls:

INGREDIENTS

2 cups biscuit mix

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl, mix together biscuit mix, Cheddar cheese, and sausage. Roll mixture into walnut-size balls and arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until completely cooked and browned. Place on paper towels to drain and cool.

Why did I know that Mikey's favorite recipe would have both balls and sausage in the title?

Sausage Balls:

INGREDIENTS

2 cups biscuit mix

DIRECTIONS

Why did I know that Mikey's favorite recipe would have both balls and sausage in the title?

SHUP UP BABA

Sausage Balls:

INGREDIENTS

2 cups biscuit mix

DIRECTIONS

SHUP UP BABA

shup up???