Vaccinations Needed for K-3?

Good topic!

Jin and I are having a discussion about this now. Since she will be arriving soon to the US, and the AOS is the next step, we have been discussing the vaccination issue.

I have been under the impression, that if you have had the shots before, it would be easiest to get the records there instead of getting them all over again. I have also heard that adults getting these shots can get sick from the immunizations later in life.

She just wants to come here and get the shots, but I have read other posts it is better to get them in china.

I am leaving the decision to her, but at this point just want some other points of view on this matter.

Yep, what Trigg said.  K-3 visa are considered non immigrant visas and don't require vaccinations.  This differs from immigrant visas like the CR-1/IR-1 visas which do require the vaccinations.

168587[/snapback]

Trigg and Frank,

On the subject of vacaccinations. I know about the list of vaccinations required for the AOS interview (those that are required for all Immigrants) We will be doing these in China due to lower cost

I have heard that as of recent, there may be a possibility that recently there has been requirement for vaccaninations against the Asian Bird Flu outbreak, for all of our SOs leaving China. This is PROBABLY a rumor. However, I just wanted to dispel this urban legend. Have either of you heard of this before? My wife is from Chengdu, and not from one of the high yellow fever area that travelers are always questioned about on entry into China.

Please don't panic, everyone I believe this to be a RUMOR. I just wanted Trigg or you to have some input on it.

Yep, what Trigg said.?K-3 visa are considered non immigrant visas and don't require vaccinations.?This differs from immigrant visas like the CR-1/IR-1 visas which do require the vaccinations.

168587[/snapback]

Trigg and Frank,

On the subject of vacaccinations. I know about the list of vaccinations required for the AOS interview (those that are required for all Immigrants) We will be doing these in China due to lower cost

I have heard that as of recent, there may be a possibility that recently there has been requirement for vaccaninations against the Asian Bird Flu outbreak, for all of our SOs leaving China. This is PROBABLY a rumor. However, I just wanted to dispel this urban legend. Have either of you heard of this before? My wife is from Chengdu, and not from one of the high yellow fever area that travelers are always questioned about on entry into China.

Please don't panic, everyone I believe this to be a RUMOR. I just wanted Trigg or you to have some input on it.

168593[/snapback]

Don't know how current the info is, but as of 10/14/05 CDC says there isn't a specific vaccine yet: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avian/gen-info/vaccines.htm

Yep, what Trigg said.?K-3 visa are considered non immigrant visas and don't require vaccinations.?This differs from immigrant visas like the CR-1/IR-1 visas which do require the vaccinations.

168587[/snapback]

Trigg and Frank,

168593[/snapback]

Don't know how current the info is, but as of 10/14/05 CDC says there isn't a specific vaccine yet: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avian/gen-info/vaccines.htm

168596[/snapback]

Frank,

Thanks much. I thought this rumor resembled an urban lgend. Most vaccines that I have heard about take a minimum of 4 to 6 months to develop.

Another myth dispelled!

My fiance' is wondering what vaccinations for K-1.  I hope no more on avian flu because it isn't required.

What vaccinations "ARE" required???

Are they given at the physical that she is to take?

Larry

168665[/snapback]

Larry

No, the Avian Bird flu Virus that I was speaking of it just what we discussed.....A rumor. I was simply wondering if anyone else has heard of it.

The shots that we were speaking of are necessary when K-1 or a K3 visa arrive in US and heading towards the AOS interview. The list is contained in David Zixuan's FAQ section, that Don, the webmaster has permanently pinned in Links and Resources. I believe that it is under Visa FAQs, but I might be wrong.

The only reason that I'm having my wife do the immunizations in China is for cost only. She'll need them anyway, so might as well have them done early and at a substantiallly cheaper price. She and I have discussed having them done at GUZ when she does Medical Exam. Unfortunately, she doesn't tust the Chinese doctors in GZ. LOL she says that Sichuan doctors are more professional! Where do they get this guff from, I have no idea! LOL

Good luck

:lol: Hey! Thanks everyone for your replies. Once again this forum has been a big help. Here's one more question for you all: I'm a little fuzzy about the AOS...so do I cancel her CR-1 in favor of the AOS process? Before you ask...we'd rather do the process here than go back to the consulate for another interview...

Thanks again!

:blink: Hey!  Thanks everyone for your replies.  Once again this forum has been a big help.  Here's one more question for you all:  I'm a little fuzzy about the AOS...so do I cancel her CR-1 in favor of the AOS process?  Before you ask...we'd rather do the process here than go back to the consulate for another interview...

Thanks again!

168713[/snapback]

singularis67,

I believe that FAQ in Links and Resources will have that answer for you. However, your question may be colpmlex enough that you will have to look for it. I believe (and where IMHO that I would start) would that it is in the section labeled different types of visas disadvantages/advantages

Good luck

The vaccinations in China are not included at the medical exam, it's an additional cost. For those who do get vaccinated in China you have to get the vaccination booklet to prove that you had the shots. Once you get to the US the Civil Surgeon will give the additional booster shot to complete the requirement. The medical staff in China will tell you that. You need a couple of months before the taking the booster shot so not all the the vaccinations can be done in one sitting. Most SOs will not stay in China that long for the followup shot! For those who will get the shots here in the US by the Civil Surgeon, not all insurances will cover this. This is why most people have the majority of the shots done in China.