I-129F - How to fill out SO's Chinese address?

Hi everyone,

Got a quick question on the I-129F.

On question number 16. If your fianc¨¦(e)'s native alphabet uses other than Roman letters...

The available fields are:

(Name), (Number and Street)

(Town or City), (State or Province), (Country)

My SO¡¯s address is in one continuous string and is small enough to fit in the (Number and Street) box.

How did you guys fill out your own form? Did you just put everything in the (Number and Street) box or dissect them into their respective boxes?

Thanks. :angry:

Chris

Hi everyone,

On question number 16. If your fianc¨¦(e)'s native alphabet uses other than Roman letters...

My SO¡¯s address is in one continuous string and is small enough to fit in the (Number and Street) box.

How did you guys fill out your own form? Did you just put everything in the (Number and Street) box or dissect them into their respective boxes?

Thanks. :angry:

Chris

167726[/snapback]

I used an 'attached Additional Sheet' and stapled it to the 129F. I did the same for the 325a because her address is very long.

Name is her name of course, and you should be able to have her separate the number and street from the other bits. If she is from a huge town, like GZ, then everything up to the district is part of the number and street. Also, don't forget the postal code. I had my SO track down postal codes for all her 325a and 129/130 (I am applying for a K-3) information so that it was all complete.

Whereever the information was too huge for the box, I went to the supplemental sheet. I figure I would add a second sheet but give them something quite legible. I stapled the 129F to the supplemental sheet because it is not part of the form and I wanted it to stay together. Same with the 325a. I know it will end up punched in the file, but I wanted them together until then. I stapled top center, since the punches will be up there anyway.

Hi everyone,

Thanks. ;)

Chris

167726[/snapback]

I used an 'attached Additional Sheet' and stapled it to the 129F. I did the same for the 325a because her address is very long.

Name is her name of course, and you should be able to have her separate the number and street from the other bits. If she is from a huge town, like GZ, then everything up to the district is part of the number and street. Also, don't forget the postal code. I had my SO track down postal codes for all her 325a and 129/130 (I am applying for a K-3) information so that it was all complete.

Whereever the information was too huge for the box, I went to the supplemental sheet. I figure I would add a second sheet but give them something quite legible. I stapled the 129F to the supplemental sheet because it is not part of the form and I wanted it to stay together. Same with the 325a. I know it will end up punched in the file, but I wanted them together until then. I stapled top center, since the punches will be up there anyway.

167728[/snapback]

Hello,

We are also using supplemental sheets, filled out by my SO in China and emailed to me. Since I don't speak or read any Chinese, I printed the copy, then compared it with what I saw on the screen then I took a screen capture (ALT-PrintScreen of active window) and emailed the image back to her to ask if my computer was printing the Simplified Chinese that I recently installed correctly.

-James

Hi everyone,

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Chris

167726[/snapback]

167728[/snapback]

Hello,

We are also using supplemental sheets, filled out by my SO in China and emailed to me. Since I don't speak or read any Chinese, I printed the copy, then compared it with what I saw on the screen then I took a screen capture (ALT-PrintScreen of active window) and emailed the image back to her to ask if my computer was printing the Simplified Chinese that I recently installed correctly.

-James

167760[/snapback]

My SO just typed it in Chinese on a word doc, then emailed it to me, and I submitted it as an attachment with the application.

Just a quick note.

Chinese address are reveresed as compared to US address.

The same rule as date formats; "big to small".

Country, Province, City, Street, Addresse.

Knowing this and if you have a complete copy of the

address in Word, you can do a cut and paste.

For some of the PDF docs that would not take Chinese

characters or would not format correctly in the text box,

I just printed what I needed in Word on a seperate sheet

and did a physical cut and paste; running the document

through a copy machine to get a finished product.

Once your SO is here, she will take over your PC ( turning

it into Chinese) and you won't have this problem when you

start your AOS. :P

Edited by pkfops (see edit history)

167726[/snapback]

Why is an additional sheet necessary?? Figure out which characters are for (Town or City), (State or Province), (Country) and put those in the appropriate fields. Either decode hers, or look them up yourself.

I wrote it in the appropiate areas. The street address I had to write in two lines.

David is right don't leave any boxes empty.

If you use an attachment note that in the box as "see attachment". You don't want the P3 and P4 to go to you in the US because they didn't see anything in the box. They might not even look for any attachments if you don't specifly.

I guess this is another one of those problems with more than one solutions :lol:

Based on you guy's comments, I see two methods emerging.

Method One

Write "See attachment" in the (Number and Street) box and write "None or N/A" in the rest of the boxes. Then write (or paste) the SO's Chinese address on a separate sheet of paper.

Method Two

Dissect the Chinese address and write (or paste) each address elements onto their respective boxes, such as City, Province, Country, etc.

I keep hearing about this postal code that needs to be included in the address. My SO also told me to include the postal code. If I use Method Two then I have no place to write the postal code. Is that right?

On a side note, what is the format to include a postal code in a Chinese address? My SO's address is one continuous line. Where do I stick this postal code in? front? rear? top? bottom? uh...you know what i mean :D

Chris