Stuck at NVC for one year.

The supervisor at NVC stated that the unit manager (above her) had sent an inquiry to the name check departments in Washington D.C. on November 4th. They have not heard back from the name check agencies yet. I am to call back the supervisor directly mid next week.

I only WISH our case could get to GUZ at this point since they are working much faster there.

Both SO and I are very depressed just waiting with no results!

Thanks for listening.

The supervisor at NVC stated that the unit manager (above her) had sent an inquiry to the name check departments in Washington D.C. on November 4th.  They have not heard back from the name check agencies yet.  I am to call back the supervisor directly mid next week.

I only WISH our case could get to GUZ at this point since they are working much faster there.

Thanks for listening.

167513[/snapback]

Wow, I can't imagine being stuck in NVC for a year!!! That's a crime!! I'm there now and don't think I could make it waiting a year with no word about why.

All the best of luck getting to the bottom of your case and moving it on to GUZ!!! I really feel for you and your SO's frustrations!! Hang in there and don't back off till you get an answer.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Yes, indeed I do understand. While the process moves quickly for some there remain MANY that get overlooked. Please, everyone remember that we all need you to help us from letting this sort of thing from happening....

Larry:

My sympathies. After 9 months my case mysteriously broke loose from NVC name check hell. I cannot tell you what will help. I called weekly and finally sent a letter to Maura Harty. 6 days after I sent the letter, I found out through calling that my K-1 was being sent to GuanngZhou. I do not think that the letter had anything to do with it.

I do know that your SO will go through an agonizing period. NO; you did not do anything wrong; NO; you did not incorrectly fill out the paperwork; NO there is not something that would raise a red flag. NO; writing or calling President Bush will not expedite anything.

I know this hurts; but patience and endurance is all I can offer. I wonder if they sometimes think that this will discourage the relationship. When I hit GuangZhou I can only show continuity for 2 years waiting on the process.

WHO WILL GIVE US BACK THE TIME?

Phil

Larry:

My sympathies.  After 9 months my case mysteriously broke loose from NVC name check hell.  I cannot tell you what will help.  I called weekly and finally sent a letter to Maura Harty.  6 days after I sent the letter, I found out through calling that my K-1 was being sent to GuanngZhou.  I do not think that the letter had anything to do with it.

I do know that your SO will go through an agonizing period.  NO; you did not do anything wrong; NO; you did not incorrectly fill out the paperwork;  NO there is not something that would raise a red flag.  NO; writing or calling President Bush will not expedite anything.

I know this hurts; but patience and endurance is all I can offer.  I wonder if they sometimes think that this will discourage the relationship.  When I hit GuangZhou I can only show continuity for 2 years waiting on the process.

WHO WILL GIVE US BACK THE TIME?

Phil

167563[/snapback]

Phil/Larry,

We are about to enter into this step and your stories are very very frightening! I feel like we're on the edge of a great abyss.

Phil, you say that Nothing can be done? No inquiries? No status? No contacts? No updates of any kind? I'm not doubting you for a moment, I'm just interested in learning what you tried.

The supervisor at NVC stated that the unit manager (above her) had sent an inquiry to the name check departments in Washington D.C. on November 4th.  They have not heard back from the name check agencies yet.  I am to call back the supervisor directly mid next week.

Thanks for listening.

167513[/snapback]

It would be nice to get some sort of explanation from our Government as to why this takes so long

specifically what were they checking on

Maybe the CIA needs to send an operative over to spy on the SO and report back :lol:

Bob:

I think my case was an exception; not the rule. However, it did not shorten my anguish. I received a GUZ# and then called every week. I was told that my application had been selected for "secondary background check" and sent "to Washington". There was no timeframe offered; no description of what was happening. I was told to wait.

Most people here seem to glide through. Many that applied at the same time that I did now are united in America.

What was it? Ruby and the Romantics? "Our day will come".

Phil

Yes, it was Ruby and the Romantics :bangin:

Our day will come

And we'll have everything.

We'll share the joy

Falling in love can bring.

No one can tell me

That I'm too young to know (young to know)

I love you so (love you so)

And you love me.

Our day will come

If we just wait a while.

No tears for us -

Think love and wear a smile.

Our dreams have magic

Because we'll always stay

In love this way

Our day will come.

(Our day will come; our day will come.)

Our dreams have magic